Breaking News...WyWires Interconnects Reviewed in Stereomojo!

wywires

Many thanks to Marvin Bolden for taking the time and effort to evaluate these products. The review period was quite extensive so Marvin has been able to really flesh out what the cables do and don't do. Here is the link to the review:

http://stereomojo.com/Wywires%20Interconnects%20Review/WyWiresInterconnectCablereview.htm

kingdeezie

Seems like a great review, but I have one question.

Do your cables have no shield at all? Right now I am having a problem with the cable between my amp and preamp, in that there is a buzzing and hum that is introduced with their introduction into the system.

I have blue jeans cables that are shielded that remove this problem, but, they sound lousy compared to the other interconnects that I am using in this position.

I have been keep an eye out for possible replacements.

wywires

That is correct, no shield except for the USB cables. The cables are twisted pair which in general makes them less susceptible to noise. I have never had a customer complain about noise in our cables. There was one instance where a customer had our phono cable lying on a powered subwoofer and that induces significant hum. The sub was moved and the problem disappeared. We have a 30 day return policy so if it hums, you get your money back.

Alex

kingdeezie

Thank you for the quick response! I'll certainly keep Wywires in mind when I am ready to actively start demoing replacements.

Congrats on the review!

wywires

Thanks

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
I just read this and just had to add that when putting mine in my system the first time one of the things I noticed was a blacker background from which the music was coming so in my case they actually helped quiet my system down. It was the very first IC Alex sent me..just wanted to add that Kingdeezie. :thumb:

Phil

nice review.  When I was reading it, I kept thinking about my (your) LITESPD digital SPDIF cable.  So, the notable qualities extend across your cable line.  Consistent excellence is good!   :thumb:

ajayrav

nice review.  When I was reading it, I kept thinking about my (your) LITESPD digital SPDIF cable.  So, the notable qualities extend across your cable line.  Consistent excellence is good!   :thumb:

I would strongly encourage you to get on the tour and give the interconnects a listen, if you can.  They are REALLY REALLY nice...  I love mine.  Now I'm waiting to listen to my Litespd when it arrives!

Ajay

santacore

The LITESPD is a fantastic sounding cable. I auditioned one recently and within minutes knew it was a keeper in my system. Between that, and his USB cable, my digital rig has taken a nice step up. Now I need to start saving up for his IC's.

kingdeezie

I just read this and just had to add that when putting mine in my system the first time one of the things I noticed was a blacker background from which the music was coming so in my case they actually helped quiet my system down. It was the very first IC Alex sent me..just wanted to add that Kingdeezie. :thumb:

Eclein,

Thank you for the information on your experience with the wywire cables; I'll be sure to eventually get around to demoing a set.  :thumb:

wywires

Re: Breaking News...WyWires Interconnects Reviewed in Stereomojo!
« Reply #10 on: 21 May 2011, 07:52 pm »
The WyWires Cable Tours are still going...Shall  sign you up?

Alex