Antonio Brown is a Patriot !!

stlrman

Antonio Brown is a Patriot !!
« on: 8 Sep 2019, 12:24 am »
I just threw up !!
Won’t play against Steelers in first game tomorrow though.
Should be a deadly combination.... Brady to Brown .
He is complete poison and deranged!! But he is the best receiver in the game.
 :popcorn:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Antonio Brown is a Patriot !!
« Reply #1 on: 8 Sep 2019, 12:28 am »
Would anyone put tampering out of the realm of possibility when Belichick is in the mix?   NE just went from just another team looking for a playoff run to a SB favorite. 
Got to hand it to them, those guys know how to win. 

richidoo

« Reply #2 on: 8 Sep 2019, 01:47 am »
Big score for Pats.  $6M bonuses should help his attitude.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 8 Sep 2019, 10:01 am »
NFL = WWF with a football.  This AB fiasco makes a joke out of the league and it's fans.

I don't watch NFL anymore; college FB is nearly as bad with all the transfers and commenters calling the teams "clubs"; prefer Canadian Football (faster play, more family oriented, less fussing over calls, fewer commentary and guest interviews during play). 

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #4 on: 8 Sep 2019, 11:00 am »
Would anyone put tampering out of the realm of possibility when Belichick is in the mix?   NE just went from just another team looking for a playoff run to a SB favorite. 
Got to hand it to them, those guys know how to win.

Of course he tampered with AB.  All those games AB played on the Raiders were very obviously intended to get him released, which he wouldn't have done without a landing place.  And the deal done and signed within a couple hours of his release?  Come'on man!

rushfan71

« Reply #5 on: 8 Sep 2019, 01:30 pm »
Whoa...AB to the Pats. The thought of them tampering some how to land him is original. Being from Boston I've never heard of the Pats being accused of nonsense before. I hope this doesn't catch on. That being said I'm sure there were some stipulations in that contract about his conduct and practice attendance. Coach B ain't having that. This is going to go one of two ways. Its all on him. :popcorn:
I think JLM is onto something.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #6 on: 12 Sep 2019, 05:03 am »
NFL = WWF with a football.  This AB fiasco makes a joke out of the league and it's fans.

I don't watch NFL anymore ... prefer Canadian Football (faster play, more family oriented, less fussing over calls, fewer commentary and guest interviews during play).

And finally most of the players are American.  :wink:

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #7 on: 12 Sep 2019, 10:44 am »
And finally most of the players are American.  :wink:

Isn't there restrictions on how many imported players each team can have?  Regardless players seem to be better behaved north of the border.

Speaking of AB, he may no longer be an NFL/Patriot player as he's now under civil rape charges with former trainer.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #8 on: 12 Sep 2019, 12:40 pm »
Very interesting how the AB rape charges are being handed.  Any other player would have already been suspended, but because he's playing for the Patriots now we have to institute protections for players being falsely accused.  That's the early buzz, the NFL may still take action, and I agree it's wise to move slowly until they have the facts, but in previous cases the early reports were all about how concerned the NFL is about this kind of behavior.  I wonder if the Steelers were aware of the problem and weren't all that unhappy to unload him before it blew up.

twitch54

« Reply #9 on: 12 Sep 2019, 01:16 pm »
no worries, Robert Kraft can always fix him up with one of his 'girls' ............

Shakeydeal

« Reply #10 on: 12 Sep 2019, 01:47 pm »
I'm no AB fan, let's get that out of the way.

But you'd have to be an idiot to put much stock in this accusation unless there's more than is being reported.

Shakey

Emil

« Reply #11 on: 12 Sep 2019, 02:39 pm »
no worries, Robert Kraft can always fix him up with one of his 'girls' ............

Oh give the guy a break :lol:
He's a 78 year old widow with needs.
Let him enjoy the years he has left

Emil

« Reply #12 on: 12 Sep 2019, 02:51 pm »
Very interesting how the AB rape charges are being handed.  Any other player would have already been suspended

Seems like calling Raider GM a "cracker" has no consequences either but I do agree with Shakey that rape accusers have been know to lie. He does deserve due process

Thus guy has issues. Poison to any team

syzygy

« Reply #13 on: 12 Sep 2019, 03:26 pm »
Tom Brady on the prospect of Antonio Brown joining the team:

"I'd love for him to stay at my house," Brady told USA Today's Jarrett Bell after the New England Patriots' 33-3 Week 1 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers. "He's got a lot of stuff going on, but if he wants to, he's welcome."

twitch54

« Reply #14 on: 12 Sep 2019, 05:24 pm »
Tom Brady on the prospect of Antonio Brown joining the team:

"I'd love for him to stay at my house," Brady told USA Today's Jarrett Bell after the New England Patriots' 33-3 Week 1 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers. "He's got a lot of stuff going on, but if he wants to, he's welcome."

Menage a Trois perhaps ............

stlrman

« Reply #15 on: 20 Sep 2019, 09:53 pm »
Brown cut !! Lol!!! :thumb:
Lasted one game .
A true piece of dreck!!

stlrman

« Reply #16 on: 20 Sep 2019, 10:24 pm »

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #17 on: 21 Sep 2019, 11:36 am »
The powers that be in the NFL don't appreciate the way Brown gamed the system.  They will come down hard on this.  There's loose talk of the commissioner's exemption list, indefinite suspension, but that's a possibility.

RoadTripper

« Reply #18 on: 21 Sep 2019, 02:37 pm »
On the other hand, the "powers that be" also include the NFLPA. They are busy gearing up for the changes that will afford players more power to pick and shape their careers.

guest61169

« Reply #19 on: 21 Sep 2019, 09:50 pm »
Longtime Steelers fan says "Good Riddance!"  Was initially disappointed with the return Steelers got but now I would have given away good picks just to get rid of him.  Good Riddance to Le'Veon Bell while we're at it.