BDP-2 Digital Player

ozzy

Re: BDP-2 Digital Player
« Reply #680 on: 31 May 2014, 07:33 pm »
Thank you. I live in Michigan. I just sent you an email describing the problem I'm having a little more in detail.
Ken

MoPac

Files that come with external drives
« Reply #681 on: 18 Jun 2014, 08:23 pm »
 Tried a BDP1 when it first came out.  It did not see a Toshiba Canvio 500GB (NTSF).  The Canvio, like most, drives come with some folders and/or files included.  Is it advisable to delete these folders / files and have only the music files on the drive?  Did the BDP1 initially have issues with NTFS?
 It's been a few years so I would like to retry the BDP.

Also, does Mpad use the first picture file it sees in the folder with the music tracks for the album art regardless of the file name?  LMS dose this which makes the album art issue I read about so often a non issue.
  Thanks, MoPac

MoPac

« Reply #682 on: 18 Jun 2014, 08:52 pm »
 I'm new at this so on the first reply posted I accidentally changed the title of the reply.  I'll try again.

Tried the BDP1 when it first came out.  Sounded great, but it did not se a Toshiba Canvio 500GB (NTSF).  The Canvio, like most drives, came with some folders/files.  Is it advisable do delete these folders/files an have only the music folders on the drive?  Did the initial BDP have issues with NTSF?

Also, unrelated, does MPad use album art files found in the same folder as the music tracks regardless of the album art file name?  LMS does this which makes album art a non issue; Seems like the internet gets it wrong too often.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #683 on: 20 Jun 2014, 01:58 am »
I'm new at this so on the first reply posted I accidentally changed the title of the reply.  I'll try again.

Tried the BDP1 when it first came out.  Sounded great, but it did not se a Toshiba Canvio 500GB (NTSF).  The Canvio, like most drives, came with some folders/files.  Is it advisable do delete these folders/files an have only the music folders on the drive?  Did the initial BDP have issues with NTSF?

Also, unrelated, does MPad use album art files found in the same folder as the music tracks regardless of the album art file name?  LMS does this which makes album art a non issue; Seems like the internet gets it wrong too often.

You specify a file name in the advance settings for the player, I believe it is cap sensitive.  If you use the Bryston database feature it will take the priority name (user selectable in manic moose) or the first picture file in dictionary order and create a picture file the same consistent name.

Going by memory I think

Loony loon is folder.jpg

Manic moose is bdp_cover.jpg

I'll try to confirm those file names tommorrow, but if you run it and check your music folders you'll see the picture files.

Cheers
Chris

ozzy

« Reply #684 on: 20 Jun 2014, 09:43 pm »
I cant seem to print the Manic Moose Manual. Can you set it up differently or send it to me via email?
Ken

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #685 on: 20 Jun 2014, 10:06 pm »
Sure email me at jamestanner@bryston.com

james

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #686 on: 20 Jun 2014, 10:48 pm »
HELP
I just purchased a BDP-2 to replace my BDP-1. The hard drive with a very large library of files is not recognized by the BDP-2 (same drive I have used with the BDP-1). Now I have nothing to listen to. The replacement to the BDP-2 was done as my library is quite large and the BDP-1 was becoming a bit overwhelmed. Why should the same drive not be recognized? It is a NTSF formatted 4TB drive that the BDP-1 had no problem identifying. The drive is OK. The USB ports are OK as thumb drives are recognized. The new BDP-2 has the latest Loony Loon software loaded. Would Manic Moose make a difference? If so, how do I get it? I am really confounded by this problem as the BDP-1 was really easy to setup without any issues.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #687 on: 21 Jun 2014, 10:04 am »
HELP
I just purchased a BDP-2 to replace my BDP-1. The hard drive with a very large library of files is not recognized by the BDP-2 (same drive I have used with the BDP-1). Now I have nothing to listen to. The replacement to the BDP-2 was done as my library is quite large and the BDP-1 was becoming a bit overwhelmed. Why should the same drive not be recognized? It is a NTSF formatted 4TB drive that the BDP-1 had no problem identifying. The drive is OK. The USB ports are OK as thumb drives are recognized. The new BDP-2 has the latest Loony Loon software loaded. Would Manic Moose make a difference? If so, how do I get it? I am really confounded by this problem as the BDP-1 was really easy to setup without any issues.

Hi Ned

I will forward to Chris for you. 

james

ttsto

« Reply #688 on: 21 Jun 2014, 10:26 am »
HELP

In the past I had such problems with BDP1 and 3TB Seagate drive.
You may consider following alternative: use a router that allows you to attach the drive to it. This way you will have a NAS. Connect the BDP to the network and attach media library as NAS
Since I switched from USB to NAS setup ( I have Zyxel NAS ) I find my life much simpler.
Best!

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #689 on: 21 Jun 2014, 03:30 pm »
Manic moose does use a new rebuilt USB mount program that we have so far found to be much more efficient, more information regarding upgrading to manic moose can be found within the first post of this page

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=119878.0

If you wish to continue using loony loon you should check and see if the drive appears in the disk utility, disk utility is found in the drop down menu found on the BDP's home page.

Cheers
Chris

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #690 on: 21 Jun 2014, 04:31 pm »
Manic moose does use a new rebuilt USB mount program that we have so far found to be much more efficient, more information regarding upgrading to manic moose can be found within the first post of this page

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=119878.0

If you wish to continue using loony loon you should check and see if the drive appears in the disk utility, disk utility is found in the drop down menu found on the BDP's home page.

Cheers
Chris

The drive does not appear in disk utility -so strange as the drive worked fine in the BDP-1. Downloading Manic Moose now and I will report back.

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #691 on: 22 Jun 2014, 08:15 pm »
We'll I loaded Manic Moose and the 4TB NTSF formatted drive previously recognized by my BDP-1 is absolutely not recognized by my new BDP-2. I just don't get it. Connected to a computer all is fine. Thumb drives are recognized by the BDP-2.

MoPac

« Reply #692 on: 23 Jun 2014, 08:04 pm »
Hi, James
 I am very interested in the BDP2.  In your intro you stated a requirement concerning the internal drive install;  "...it must be fitted by authorized personnel."

1.  Am I an authorized person?
2.  If 1= NO, do I supply a drive to my dealer and have them install?
3.  If 1= YES and I goof up what happens to the warrantee?
4.  If 1= YES could you have the assembler leave those cover screws a little loose?  ( just kidding )!
5.  Are there any compatibility issues with any SSDs?
  Thanks, Mop

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #693 on: 23 Jun 2014, 09:17 pm »
Hi, James
 I am very interested in the BDP2.  In your intro you stated a requirement concerning the internal drive install;  "...it must be fitted by authorized personnel."

1.  Am I an authorized person?
2.  If 1= NO, do I supply a drive to my dealer and have them install?
3.  If 1= YES and I goof up what happens to the warrantee?
4.  If 1= YES could you have the assembler leave those cover screws a little loose?  ( just kidding )!
5.  Are there any compatibility issues with any SSDs?
  Thanks, Mop

Hi

We do not want to be responsible for the drive but as long as you can use a screw driver you are authorized :thumb:

james

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #694 on: 24 Jun 2014, 12:51 pm »
We'll I loaded Manic Moose and the 4TB NTSF formatted drive previously recognized by my BDP-1 is absolutely not recognized by my new BDP-2. I just don't get it. Connected to a computer all is fine. Thumb drives are recognized by the BDP-2.

Have you tried in other usb hard drives with the BDP-2?

Cheers,
Chris

MoPac

« Reply #695 on: 24 Jun 2014, 04:22 pm »
Hi, Chris
 Can files be transferred to the internal drive from a drive plugged into one of the USBs.  The music is now on a good, but noisy, 2 TB drive. 
 Thanks

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #696 on: 24 Jun 2014, 04:57 pm »
Have you tried in other usb hard drives with the BDP-2?

Cheers,
Chris
Yes, my 2TB drive works fine. I just bought another 4TB hard drive and will be giving that a spin soon. I think the problem might be in the old hard drive USB interface. The cases I use are all USB 3. With the old drive (Lacie Blade Runner), if I connect to a computer with a USB 3 cable, all is fine. If I connect with a USB 2 cable the drive is not recognized. So something seems to have fizzled with the hard drive USB interface. With the old drive, the BDP-2 does not recognize it with either a USB 2/3 cable. There are no issues when using the BDP-2 with my Sans Digital hard drive (USB 3) cases with either a USB 2/3 cables. I guess it was serendipity that the old drive snapped when I swapped out the BDP-1 for the BDP-2.

By the way, Manic Moose is awesome. I can tell a lot of hard work went into its implementation and development. Great job and congratulations to the Manic Moose team!

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #697 on: 24 Jun 2014, 10:40 pm »
All is working with a 4TB drive with use of a new drive enclosure. By the way, the WD Green drives are scary quiet - highly recommended.

drummermitchell

« Reply #698 on: 27 Jun 2014, 12:52 am »
Since I've had the BDP-2 for  awhile and enjoying each upgrade,
curious if there is such a thing to FIGHT THE RECORDING LEVELS.
I have recordings from way back to today and of course they are all recorded at different levels,so play back levels are way out of wack as far as listening.                                                                                                                                                             just to keep your groove going so to speak,it would be nice if possible if there was a way to keep all volume levels the same without having to adjust accordingly.
Might not be possible but I think it would be a great feature if it could be done so recording levels were on par with each other:thumb:..

ttsto

« Reply #699 on: 27 Jun 2014, 07:35 am »
Hi

According to discussions on MM, there should be ability to use Replay Gain feature.
For this you need to apply gain tags to your collection. I use Foobar, select album, right click and Replay gain (as albums is my choice)
But I do not use MM (yet)