Vinyl in Madison, WI

DARTH AUDIO

Vinyl in Madison, WI
« on: 19 Feb 2005, 04:41 am »
I'll be in Madison, WI for business and wanted tp do a little record shopping. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good vinyl store?

Thanks,

gary

Marbles

Vinyl in Madison, WI
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2005, 05:01 am »
I can't help you with Mad Town, but if you ever want to swing down to Fort Wayne, 3.5-4 hours from Chicago, I'll take you to a guy that has 50,000 LP's that he sells for $.20 each :o

I was there today and bought 62 records for $12.40  :o  :o  :o

KJ

Vinyl in Madison, WI
« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2005, 07:27 am »
It's been ages, but I thought there used to be a few smaller shops off State Street.  Unfortunately, I don't know any specific store names.  I believe there are a few AC members that live closer to that area.  Hopefully, they'll chime in.

-KJ

meby

Vinyl in Madison, WI
« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2005, 08:04 am »
Marbles where is that shop I live in Chicago and would drive for those kind of prices?  Are they all beat up or are they in decent shape?

DARTH AUDIO

Vinyl in Madison, WI
« Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2005, 02:29 pm »
Marbles, I'll take you up on that. I'll be in Ft. Wayne early next month. I'll send you a PM when I have my schedule set. What kind of records were they? Rock, Jazz? What kind of condition were they in? Thanks for the info..

Gary

TomekZ

Record LP stores in Madison
« Reply #5 on: 19 Feb 2005, 04:01 pm »
Hi, I live here in Madison and do look for Vinyl. Try MadCity Music Exchange, corner of Blair and Williamson (near downtown) or Fugal Muse (2 locations: far west and near east on Sherman Ave). ~Tom

DARTH AUDIO

Vinyl in Madison, WI
« Reply #6 on: 19 Feb 2005, 04:08 pm »
Tom, thanks for the info.. I'll check them out..

Thanks,

Gary

Marbles

Vinyl in Madison, WI
« Reply #7 on: 19 Feb 2005, 06:00 pm »
Quote from: DARTH AUDIO
Marbles, I'll take you up on that. I'll be in Ft. Wayne early next month. I'll send you a PM when I have my schedule set. What kind of records were they? Rock, Jazz? What kind of condition were they in? Thanks for the info..

Gary

He doesn't have much jazz or blues :-(  he has some classic rock and some classical.

Mostly it's everything else, like Tijuana Brass and show tunes etc...stuff my parents might have liked type stuff.

Most is good to very good quality.  Some mint and some I would not play.

You have to look at each album before you buy.  He's mentioned that he has thrown out a lot of the ones in bad shape.

It is not in any order, so be prepared to spend 2-4 hours looking.

I can't look for more than 4 hours as that's my physical limit.  I can get through maybe 25% of his stuff in that time.

Leon's phone number is 260-426-5853 ... I can post his phone number here as it's no secret.....

Good luck.

hifitommy

madison
« Reply #8 on: 26 Feb 2005, 09:57 pm »
http://www.recordcollectorsguild.org/record_stores/record_stores.html

try that.  the main site is good for all over the u.s.