Vinyl Treatment

Don_S

Vinyl Treatment
« on: 15 Nov 2018, 12:42 am »
Does anyone use and recommend any treatment after cleaning?  This might be a controversial topic so kindergarten rules now, play nice(ly).

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Vinyl Treatment
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2018, 04:51 am »
I'm surprised by the lack of response.  I used to use "Last", and still have a bottle somewhere, but I haven't used it in decades.  I have no idea if it actually provided any positive benefits.  When I pull out an lp that has the sticker attached, it had to have been treated 20+ years ago, and they show no residue... so maybe there was no harm. 

toocool4

« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2018, 08:06 am »
The only thing I use and would recommend is a new quality inner sleeve. I use Goldring Ex-Static.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2018, 12:58 pm »
At times I have rubbed a LP with a cotton cloth impregnated with the silicon stuff  from AQ. Doing so reduces static charge.
If I found a current product that seemed as safe, I might do it more often. I am running out of the 100 little packets of the juice I bought ?? 20 25 years ago.(( added: one packet can last over a year. I dump the entire little packet one drop at a time all over the cloth until the packet is drained.. into a folded bit of cotton cloth. And use that cloth to make CDs 'slippery' It lasts near forever, the main reason to stop using it and do a new one is it gets dirty..))
My one fetish is I feel I should play the LP after cleaning ... immediately. No just putting it away.
« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2018, 03:06 pm by Elizabeth »

toocool4

« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2018, 01:19 pm »
My one fetish is I feel I should play the LP after cleaning ... immediately. No just putting it away.

I usually get the record out of it’s sleeve, put it through the cleaner then play it and put it in new sleeve if it’s not already in a new sleeve.

twitch54

« Reply #5 on: 16 Nov 2018, 02:31 pm »
after all these years I continue to use LAST record preservative , does it 'really' do anything ?? All I can honestly say is I haven't noticed or heard any negatives .......