SongTowers in honey oak available for sale (SOLD)

jsalk

SongTowers in honey oak available for sale (SOLD)
« on: 13 Mar 2009, 01:09 am »
Greg wanted a pair of SongTowers in medium dark brown oak.  Specifically, he wanted flat cut red oak with a cathedral grain pattern and he wanted them dyed darker brown to match his furniture.

Just before these were completed, Greg got a new job and will be moving to California.  He will be selling his home in Colorado, but has to get an apartment in CA now.  So he will have his house payment along with a rent payment until his home is sold.  And he won't know for a while where his final resting place in CA will be or what kind of wood will match his new digs.  So he asked if I could just sell these to someone else and he could order another pair when his life settles down. 

I told him I would certainly do that for him.  But I recommended that he just dye them honey oak as it would match far more furniture that way and would likely fit in more potential homes.  That would make it easier to find a new home for them.

We finished them up the other day and here they are...

Here is a close-up...

If these would fit in your home and you would rather not wait to have a pair built, this new pair of SongTower QWT's could be shipped immediately.  Contact us if you are interested.

- Jim

« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2009, 06:55 pm by jsalk »

jd3

Re: SongTowers in honey oak available for sale
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2009, 12:52 pm »
Ugh. These match the trim in my home exactly! And my wife likes them too! I'd be tempted if I had the extra cash to buy them then sell my Honey Locust ST's...but no can do.  I'm sure someone out there will snatch them up. 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2009, 01:08 pm »
Post some photos of you rHoney Locust.  You never know.

jd3

« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2009, 01:40 pm »
Pete,
They are the same finish as what's on Jim's site.  I was one of the 'early adopters' and that was the finish he was building them in at the time.  I was very happy to get them (and am still happy with them!)  Finish isn't THAT important..it would be nice though if I could swing it. 

Bill

« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2009, 01:51 pm »
Now, there's a look that would work; neutral, understated and tastefull. Nice work.

Bill

audiocrazy

« Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2009, 03:43 pm »
Hi Jim,
I'm interested in this pair and I've sent you a PM. Hope to hear from you soon. :)

jsalk

« Reply #6 on: 13 Mar 2009, 04:11 pm »
Bill -

Now, there's a look that would work; neutral, understated and tastefull. Nice work.

Bill

Sorry you got a little beat up on the bubinga thread.  But I think your comments pointed out a huge advantage of custom speaker building.  You can have your speakers any way you want.

The way we look at it, we are building speakers for a specific customer and we do whatever we can to build the speaker of their dreams.  We are often asked to build speakers that are not necessarily something we would choose.  But it is not our to make judgments.  Our job is to turn their dreams into reality.

There is no question that bubinga is one of the most spectacular looking woods available today.  Over the years, we have had more requests for it than almost any other veneer.  But finishes are personal in nature and no single finish will satisfy everyone.  When we began building speakers, one of our goals was to provide every customer with the opportunity to choose any finish they desire.  This is something no large speaker company can do.  

With a custom approach, the customer can actually take part in the design process.  They are not only buying great sound, but are also able to personalize their speaker.  Each speaker becomes a statement about the owner.  Some like them plain, others like them wild.  Some want speakers to blend into the room and others want their speakers to make a statement when someone enters the room. Some like single driver speakers, others like open baffles.

In the end, it is all about providing an opportunity for someone to have the speakers of their dreams with no limitations.  I have friends that are very happy with their Bose systems.  I never criticize.  After all, what is to be gained by raining on their parade.  If the end result makes them happy, that's what counts.

- Jim

BrianM

« Reply #7 on: 13 Mar 2009, 05:42 pm »
We are often asked to build speakers that are not necessarily something we would choose.

You mean like these??

(Actually, I think they're kinda cool...)

Cmon people, the man will even match car paint jobs. (That's "BMW Laguna Seca Blue" - I remembered it from browsing his website a while back.) When I'm rich enough I'm considering hammered bronze.

GregC

Re: SongTowers in honey oak available for sale (SOLD)
« Reply #8 on: 13 Mar 2009, 07:10 pm »
Jim,

The speakers turned out to be a masterpiece and I am disappointed that my move precluded me from getting them.  Maybe after I sell my home a pair of HT2 TL speakers will help me lick my wounds.  aa

Greg

rahimlee54

« Reply #9 on: 13 Mar 2009, 07:25 pm »
Man those speakers go fast.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #10 on: 13 Mar 2009, 07:32 pm »

Must of been Bill's positive approval of them that did the trick. :lol:

Thataboy Bill.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

rahimlee54

« Reply #11 on: 13 Mar 2009, 08:47 pm »

Must of been Bill's positive approval of them that did the trick. :lol:

Thataboy Bill.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Entertaining  :)

Bill

« Reply #12 on: 14 Mar 2009, 01:44 am »
We are often asked to build speakers that are not necessarily something we would choose.

You mean like these??

(Actually, I think they're kinda cool...)

Cmon people, the man will even match car paint jobs. (That's "BMW Laguna Seca Blue" - I remembered it from browsing his website a while back.) When I'm rich enough I'm considering hammered bronze.

If I may make a comment after picking myself off the mat; Brian, those speakers are cool, but what would make them cooler is to have the veneer on the cabinet and the blue on the baffle. That blue is almost a Taos blue, which reflects a popular color here in NM.

Orthodoxy is unconsciousness

Bill

cujobob

« Reply #13 on: 14 Mar 2009, 04:10 am »
What finish is the baffle in that picture?