Pls post HT2 "new Transmission Line" review!

s_cervin

Re: Pls post HT2 "new Transmission Line" review!
« Reply #40 on: 20 Mar 2009, 10:32 pm »
I arrived at the shop just as Jim finished spraying these speakers and thought the finish was amazing.  I can only imagine how they sound.

rahimlee54

« Reply #41 on: 20 Mar 2009, 10:34 pm »
Are these things so heavy that I would need some help carrying them up the stairs?

BoB/335

« Reply #42 on: 20 Mar 2009, 10:45 pm »
I would love to see pics of the Brazilian Cherry. Actually I live in Lindenhurst and would love to come and hear them some time. (Although I hate getting spoiled because the Song Towers would be extending my budget)

Big Red Machine

« Reply #43 on: 20 Mar 2009, 10:49 pm »
Are these things so heavy that I would need some help carrying them up the stairs?

Only if you're a wimp!  No really, should be quite easy to reach in, grab the port in one hand, and the front side in the other and away you go!

rahimlee54

« Reply #44 on: 20 Mar 2009, 10:50 pm »

Only if you're a wimp!  No really, should be quite easy to reach in, grab the port in one hand, and the front side in the other and away you go!

I just dont want to scuff my finish ;)

Thanks

TJHUB

« Reply #45 on: 20 Mar 2009, 10:51 pm »
Did the finish come out as you hoped?

For the most part, yes.  I really struggled with what veneer I wanted.  For me, I think I did ok.

TJHUB

« Reply #46 on: 20 Mar 2009, 10:53 pm »

They weighed 105lbs each shipped.  I'm guessing the boxes are around 5lbs each.  Can you drag a 44" x 9" x 17" 100lbs box up the stairs without scratching anything?  :wink:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #47 on: 20 Mar 2009, 10:56 pm »
The boxes are probably 20 lbs+.  I helped Mary and Sam make up some today and we packed some as well.  Very nice boxes.  Did you know the HT3, ST, and HT2 all share the same box?

bigbwb

« Reply #48 on: 20 Mar 2009, 11:11 pm »
Terry,

Congrats Bud!

The wait was finally worth it!  They look awesome and probably sound better:)  Can't wait to hear them soon.  So you ordered the 2100 preamp and the parasound amp?  Should be great combo.

Let us know how things go over the next few days.

Brandon

Big Red Machine

« Reply #49 on: 20 Mar 2009, 11:16 pm »

Thanks

Wrap the foam wrap that was in the boxes around them first?

jsalk

« Reply #50 on: 20 Mar 2009, 11:47 pm »
I would love to see pics of the Brazilian Cherry. Actually I live in Lindenhurst and would love to come and hear them some time. (Although I hate getting spoiled because the Song Towers would be extending my budget)

OK...if you insist...

And a close-up...

- Jim

rahimlee54

« Reply #51 on: 20 Mar 2009, 11:49 pm »

Thanks

Wrap the foam wrap that was in the boxes around them first?

Planned on it but I am semi uncoordinated, but I am sure I'll try it.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #52 on: 20 Mar 2009, 11:59 pm »
The last thing you want is to scratch them.  Maybe help is better.

drab

« Reply #53 on: 21 Mar 2009, 12:02 am »
Help would be the safest bet. Short of that I would leave them boxed til I got them upstairs and
either slide them upstairs or pick them up and set them one stair at a time.

Rocket

« Reply #54 on: 21 Mar 2009, 12:04 am »
Hi,

Its great to see so much action regarding the HT2.  It seems to be the sleeper in the range.

The must sound really good because there seems so much interest in this product.  I'd love to purchase another pair of salk sound speakers but shipping to Australia is expensive but perhaps my retirement speakers will be from Jim.

When the speakers arrive can you please post a picture in the thread I started re: HT2's.

Regards

Rod

TJHUB

« Reply #55 on: 21 Mar 2009, 12:07 am »
Terry,

Congrats Bud!

The wait was finally worth it!  They look awesome and probably sound better:)  Can't wait to hear them soon.  So you ordered the 2100 preamp and the parasound amp?  Should be great combo.

Let us know how things go over the next few days.

Brandon

I found great deals on both and they're both new.  I can't wait to hear them if they really do show up tomorrow.  I still need a good analog source for my digital music though...

s_cervin

« Reply #56 on: 21 Mar 2009, 12:43 am »
The last thing you want is to scratch them.  Maybe help is better.

Sorry for the off OT post, but now that you are packing speakers Pete.... I will request you box up my HT3's & HTC   :P

TJHUB,

I think you did a great job on picking a finish.  Hell, I had a hard time picking speakers let alone the finish. My journey went something like this:

- April '08 ordered 5 channel ST setup
- May '08 heard the open baffle at AKfest
- December '08 was waiting to hear the proposed mid for the OB
- February '09 determined that I should just upgrade to HT3 and be done for many years
- March '08 going between stained finishes, stringers, straight black, etc.  Finally chose Bubinga (dark if it can be found) last week. 

Jim has been nothing but great with this PITA customer :D  Jim has a customer for life.  Jim and Mary are great hosts and I like being able to say my speakers will be custom built in MI (a few miles from my house).   

Nuance

« Reply #57 on: 21 Mar 2009, 01:16 am »
Terry,

They look amazing, especially in your room!  I really need to find a room that size to listen in! 

Man, you're rockin' now buddy!  Now we just need to get you a 65 plasma for your center piece.   :lol:

Call you soon.  Enjoy brother!

guptaas

« Reply #58 on: 21 Mar 2009, 01:25 am »

Thank you Jim for posting the pictures. Once I get home, I'll try and post pictures of them in my home. PM me to set up a time for you to have a listen. Sayville is easy from Lindenhurst, 20-30 mins.
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2009, 03:00 am by guptaas »

BoB/335

« Reply #59 on: 21 Mar 2009, 02:08 am »

OK...if you insist...

And a close-up...

- Jim

Those look great! And I might even get to see and hear them in person.  :guitar: :drums: