Salk Subwoofer

Rocket

Re: Salk Subwoofer
« Reply #20 on: 12 Mar 2009, 08:12 am »
hI,

What bass driver is used in the songsub?

Regards

Rod

Nuance

Re: Salk Subwoofer
« Reply #21 on: 12 Mar 2009, 02:44 pm »
Hey Nuance.  You may have just learned the whole sub EQ process.  But you are still way ahead of me.  I've been to the REW forum on Home Theater Shack.  And it sounds like the following are recommended to use with REW:

- Behringer Feedback Destroyer
- sound card (e.g. Turtle Beach Audio Advantage SRM)
- microphone (e.g. Behringer ECM8000)
- mixer (e.g. Behringer XENYX 802)

Does that sound right based on what you have learned?  Looks like the total will be about $300.  I already have a RadioShack SPL meter.

Thanks,
Doug
That is certainly a way to go, but I took a different approach because I didn't want to pay that much.  I picked up the M-Audio MobilePre USB (which has built in mic connections), the BFD and will be ordering the Behringer ECM8000 mic soon.  For now I am using my SPL meter with the proper .cal file.  I didn't want to add another component into the chain and pay extra (the mixer).  My total was less than yours, but if you count the full retail price of the BFD (I got mine for $60 shipped, used), then it would have come out around $260 (BFD new, mic new and soundcard/pre new).  Unless you want to measure the entire FR, using an SPL meter with a .cal file is just as good as the Behringer mic.  Of course, if you don't already have an SPL meter it will cost the same as the mic, so...

Hope that helps.