Placing order tomorrow :D

rahimlee54

Placing order tomorrow :D
« on: 2 Mar 2009, 01:15 am »
Well I finally got to listen to a set of Salk speakers yesterday, it was a good experience.  Alex had me over for a couple of hours to check out his new Song Towers, and I was very pleased with the performance.  The low end was very surprising and the speaker was one of the best I had heard in the price range.  I decided on the way home that I would become a member of the Salk family.  I think I am going to end up with Santos Rosewood HT2 TL.  This will be my first high end speaker purchase, after around 2 years of reading and going around listening, I think I have made the correct choice.  I am going to end up with a 5.1 when I am done but for now I'll start out with just the HT2s.  Jim said there was about 30-40 days to wait so I will be picking up every cd I can to enjoy my new purchse.  If anyone is near central NC and wants come by and have listen drop me a PM and I will help you out.

I would like to thank Alex for allowing a fellow enthuaist in his home to check out his newest toy, and I would also like to thank Nuance for starting the Salk Sound thread on AVS, without which I never would have known about it. 

Thanks
Rahimlee54

adydula

• Restricted
Re: Placing order tomorrow :D
« Reply #1 on: 2 Mar 2009, 02:13 am »
Cool!!! :D

Great and good choice!! The HT2 TL from what we have been reading sound like they are really awesome!!

I enjoyed the demo, and am glad you are becoming a Salk family member....Jim makes uses great drivers and great designs and there is a
lot of love in the making of these transducers for sure.

I am constantly surprised when listening to my Salks!

So now the wait begins!! Good time to start building the CD collection!

Check out the outstanding demo thread there are lots of really great selections of material that will open your horizons!!

All the best!!

Alex

PS: Let me know when you get them!!

Nuance

« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2009, 02:55 am »
Comgrats, rahimlee54, and welcome to the family!  I look forward to your impressions when the new HT2 TL's come.

joelmilr

« Reply #3 on: 2 Mar 2009, 12:00 pm »
Welcome and congratulations. The excitement and the tension is unbelievable. I too am anxiously waiting for my HT2 TL speakers. If you find yourself becoming very obsessive about reading posts here, going over the specs again and again, thinking constantly about what the speakers are going to sound like when they arrive, and find that your friends and family don't want to hear about it anymore - DON'T WORRY!!! That is normal behavior when waiting.
Best of Luck and look forward to hearing your impressions as well as others.
Joel

OgOgilby

« Reply #4 on: 2 Mar 2009, 05:02 pm »
I think I am going to end up with Santos Rosewood HT2 TL.

Thanks
Rahimlee54

Congrats and welcome! BTW, you have excellent taste - I ordered the Santos Rosewood HT2 TL's last week (and the HTC) :D

rahimlee54

« Reply #5 on: 3 Mar 2009, 01:26 am »

[/quote]

Congrats and welcome! BTW, you have excellent taste - I ordered the Santos Rosewood HT2 TL's last week (and the HTC) :D
[/quote]

I think our speakers will be very similar, if you use the veneer from the same batch mine will come from. 

The deposit is down, most cash I ever spent on something I have never seen  :o.  I'll have pictures and so forth in about a month or so, dont mind the 5 mp really old dig camera :).

Jared

OgOgilby

« Reply #6 on: 3 Mar 2009, 06:02 pm »

I think our speakers will be very similar, if you use the veneer from the same batch mine will come from. 

The deposit is down, most cash I ever spent on something I have never seen  :o.  I'll have pictures and so forth in about a month or so, dont mind the 5 mp really old dig camera :).

Jared

Congrats on your order. I agree that it is scary spending a lot of money on a product that you haven't seen (or heard). I've had a few nice (and informative) conversations with Jim and I am very comfortable with ordering from him - I am quite confident we will be very happy with our Salks.

You are probably right about our speakers being similar, when I ordered the Santos Rosewood Jim didn't have any on hand. Since he had to order some so yours might be from the same order.

rahimlee54

« Reply #7 on: 3 Mar 2009, 06:22 pm »
I had a chance to hear the Song Towers and was impressed at the price and performance, Jim said I would be very happy with my decision.  I am really excited I wonder if the wait will kill me.  I need a cd player, something besides the PS3, maybe I can forget about it by checking into one of those.

Rahimlee54

fluke242

« Reply #8 on: 3 Mar 2009, 06:47 pm »
Congrats again, Rahimlee54!

As far as a CD player, may want to just look into a nice DAC instead, and use your PS3 as a transport.  This is my plan at least, in the next 12 months hopefully.  Could save you money overall and give better performance than a new CD player.

I have my eye on two DACs: Cullen modified PS Audio DLIII (Stage 4), or the new Wyred 4 Sound DAC in the works.  I also like AVA but want more connection options than provided.

John

rahimlee54

« Reply #9 on: 4 Mar 2009, 12:47 am »
Any idea when the W4S is going to be completed?

Big Red Machine

« Reply #10 on: 4 Mar 2009, 01:53 am »
Any idea when the W4S is going to be completed?

Rick is working on an integrated right now and the DAC will be late summer-ish per his email 2 days ago.