Cables for my SALK Sound set up

HerculePirate

Cables for my SALK Sound set up
« on: 28 Feb 2009, 08:18 pm »
 :scratch:
Good Day Salk Users.

I have recently acquired the Salk HT3.
I am looking for Interconnects to go with my setup (SB3 - Tact and Tact to AR eAR 1001 REF).
My set up includes.... Acoustic Reality eAR 1001 Ref, Tact 2.0S RCS (also as PreAmp), Slim Devices SB3.
I did acquire Jim's hand made speaker cables on his recommendation.
Can you please recommend me IC cables ...
I did look into the Reality Cables and the Anti Cables and the DIYCABLE.com which were mentioned in this forum.
Any recommendations....?

Regards

HP

nyc_paramedic

Re: Cables for my SALK Sound set up
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2009, 08:42 pm »
I have had excellent results with Goertz Alpha Core Micropurl silver interconnects. They're flat silver conductors, reasonably priced, and sound great in my system.

The website is also short on marketing gimmick.

http://www.alphacore.com/interconnect.html

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2009, 08:56 pm »
I use Blue Jeans Cable's interconnects.  They use Belden copper wire and sturdy connectors.  The price is low.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 1 Mar 2009, 12:53 am »
I had a very similar setup at one point (different amp) and used Gregg Straley's speaker cable.  As a matter of fact, I still do!

For ic's, bluejeanscable is a good low cost alternative.  Moving up in price any of the products from VH Audio would sound good in that setup.  If you can find a set of used AQ Panther ic's, I like them as well.

Good luck.

George

fsimms

« Reply #4 on: 1 Mar 2009, 04:21 pm »
I also have a TACT.  In fact it is Zybar's old unit.  This may be not what you are interested in, but Virtual Dynamics Power 3 power cords really helped my sound.

Bob

HerculePirate

« Reply #5 on: 1 Mar 2009, 04:35 pm »
Cool,
thanks....
Power chords is another touchy issue cause of the cost...
Also heard that the Ice Modules sounds depends a lot on the Power chords....
No idea what the Virtual Dynamics power chord retails for.....???

Regards

HP

Art_Chicago

« Reply #6 on: 1 Mar 2009, 06:09 pm »
I also use Belden 12 gauge for my STs. They sound as good as AudioQuest Type 4 for a fifth of the price. You may want to consult with Frank Van Alstine here on AC regarding the cables and particular power cords  :lol: Just kidding!

HerculePirate

« Reply #7 on: 1 Mar 2009, 06:11 pm »
Yeah.... I heard about those "Ropes"

HP

Big Red Machine

« Reply #8 on: 1 Mar 2009, 06:51 pm »
IN order of importance, I would say based on my experience, that the digital cable is most important, the IC's next, and finally the SC's are of the least importance.  I have heard some serious smearing of leading edges with some run of the mill copper digital cables.  I am thoroughly impressed with the MIT Shotgun IC's.  I have MIT SC's right now and they don't really make a leap over the Blue Jeans cables but they match up in the bass region with the MIT IC's better.

Get a KCI or AudioMetallurgy digital in gold or gold plated silver.  We do alot of high fiving here on some of the same items over and over and I've tried to stay away from the status quo.  I love Poiema, MIT, Audio Metallurgy, KCI, and other silver or gold IC's.  Don't overspend on the Reality SC's, (my opinion), and just not worry about it right now.  Been there and done that and the used MIT SC's I bought were less than the $99 BJC 16 foot run of 4S11 Canare wire.

fsimms

« Reply #9 on: 1 Mar 2009, 11:36 pm »
Power chords is another touchy issue cause of the cost...
Also heard that the Ice Modules sounds depends a lot on the Power chords....
No idea what the Virtual Dynamics power chord retails for.....???

My Power 3's cost $150 each.  I borrowed a much more expensive VD power cord from Alig and it was only marginally better.

You only need one less power cord than you have electronic boxes.  I only have a phono preamp, preamp and amp so I only need 2 good power cords.  My digital stuff is from optical cables into my preamp so I am not worried about the digital signals since I believe the optical cord isolates my preamp from that stuff.

Bob

Bob

jjgasp

« Reply #10 on: 4 Mar 2009, 11:12 pm »
Anti-Cables...they made an immediate, noticable difference (for the better) with my HT3s.