Maple SongTowers ready to ship - SOLD

jsalk

Maple SongTowers ready to ship - SOLD
« on: 25 Feb 2009, 04:45 am »
A customer ordered a complete SongTower HT setup.  As we approached the final part of the build process, he inquired about ribbon tweeters and decided to go that route.  Since the front baffles on the standard and ribbon versions of the SongTowers are different, this meant we had veneer a new pair of cabinets for him - one that would accept the ribbon front baffle.

We recently finished the original pair we built for that project and they are now available for sale.  Here is a picture...

And a closeup...

This pair is packed and ready for shipping.  If you were looking for a pair of SongTowers in curly maple and did not want to wait for delivery, this may be the pair for you.  Just let me know and we can ship within a day.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 25 Feb 2009, 07:57 pm by jsalk »

BoB/335

Re: Maple SongTowers ready to ship
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2009, 04:48 am »
Can they be stained darker?  They sure look nice but I think my wife would want a darker wood.

dhanks

« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2009, 06:53 am »
Hi Jim,

I sent you a personal email.  You can consider these sold.

Doug

BoB/335

« Reply #3 on: 25 Feb 2009, 12:15 pm »
Congrats on a beautiful pair of speakers and your first post here.

Have you heard the Song Towers?

audiocrazy

« Reply #4 on: 25 Feb 2009, 03:28 pm »
Congrats Doug on this steal.
Damn how did i miss this :scratch:

Jim do you have a mailing list so that people can be informed if speaker comes up for a quick sale.
I might consider this if it becomes available again.

fishinbob

« Reply #5 on: 25 Feb 2009, 04:04 pm »
whoooosh.....nice swoop Doug.  Let's see.....that was 2hrs 7min and 12 seconds and gone.  :thumb:

BoB/335

« Reply #6 on: 25 Feb 2009, 04:19 pm »
I caught the post 3 minutes after Jim posted. I haven't shown my wife that color but if it turns out she really likes it ............ :duh: :duh: :duh:

jsalk

« Reply #7 on: 25 Feb 2009, 07:57 pm »
Sold to Doug and shipped today!

- Jim

Nuance

Re: Maple SongTowers ready to ship - SOLD
« Reply #8 on: 25 Feb 2009, 08:19 pm »
Congrats and enjoy Doug!

dhanks

« Reply #9 on: 26 Feb 2009, 02:02 am »
Thanks guys.

I originally had some HT3s on order with Jim, but I was just recently laid off and had to cancel the order.

These Song Towers were way under my budget, so I decided to make a compromise.  Hope I made the right decision.

I have an old large push/pull M&K MPS-5160SF sub that's about 120lbs - I'm trying to figure out how to integrate it with these Song Towers for full range.

Should I adjust the sub for 35Hz and below?

Nuance

« Reply #10 on: 26 Feb 2009, 02:09 am »
Thanks guys.

I originally had some HT3s on order with Jim, but I was just recently laid off and had to cancel the order.

These Song Towers were way under my budget, so I decided to make a compromise.  Hope I made the right decision.

I have an old large push/pull M&K MPS-5160SF sub that's about 120lbs - I'm trying to figure out how to integrate it with these Song Towers for full range.

Sorry to hear about the layoff.

I'd use a higher crossover, say 60Hz.  It all depend on how steep the rolloff is, though.  The ST's are rated to 42Hz, but they hit hard at 38Hz.  Since crossovers aren't brick walls and simply roll the frequency off, use something more around 60Hz.  Jim would know better than I, though.

funkmonkey

« Reply #11 on: 26 Feb 2009, 02:13 am »
with the Song towers I would run a sub more like 45Hz and below...  perhaps 50Hz, or 60Hz if it is more convenient, or 60Hz if your sub will allow it.  This is based on response ratings only.  (80Hz seems to be a default setting for most systems)  I think the STs actually reach into the upper 30's. I am sure that SongTower owners could offer better advice concerning crossover point than I can, but based on what I can extrapolate a crossover setting of 45Hz would be about as low as you would want to go.

Also sorry to hear about the layoff, I feel your pain.

-Funk

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #12 on: 26 Feb 2009, 02:19 am »
Thanks guys.

FWIW, I crossover my five Song Towers at 60Hz in my HT and think that it works very well this way.  I originally tried lower, but felt that 60Hz gave me the best combination of speed and punch.

George

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #13 on: 8 Mar 2009, 12:22 am »
dhanks,

Sorry about the layoff, I have been dodging the bullet for the last 7-8 years and its not a good feeling....both of my two sons got layed off just befor Christmas...its been tough...we all things get better for us all.

On the SongTowers, I have a set now for going on a full 2 weeks Plus and have had several other speakers some FULL range and rather expensive. The SongTowers play very. very well and you will pleasantly surprised.....for 95% of the music they will accurately reproduce the sound so very nicely!

Only the low end stuff is missing...but if you have a sub this can help if mated well....

I do not use a sub when listening to 2 ch...its note really necessary for most of the music I listen to.

hang in there!

All the best
Alex