Portland OR area audition?

randyp

Portland OR area audition?
« on: 18 Jan 2009, 12:49 am »
Anyone in the Portland Oregon area up for an audition? I'm getting the itch to upgrade and am very interested in hearing any Salk speakers.

_______
Randy

petertweeter

Re: Portland OR area audition?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2009, 12:41 pm »
I live just across the river in the 'Couve and have the SongTower RT's and a SongCenter. I would be happy to let you have a listen. However be forewarned, once you listen your savings account will become smaller. Other than the ribbon tweeter these are the bottom of the Salk line for a floor stander and they continue to blow me away!

fluke242

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2009, 05:16 pm »
I might be able to help.  HT2's in Eugene, OR.

PM for info, etc.

Feel free posting more about your speaker journey.  I know I am always curious.   :)

rcandiog

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2009, 06:55 pm »
I'm in the Portland area and would be interested in listening to Salk speakers as well.

Rob

adolgins

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2009, 07:33 pm »
We also live in Portland and would like to audition your speakers if possible.  We are interested in possible ordering SongTower QWT with center speaker.  Let me know if this works for you, my email address is adolgins@yahoo.com.

Mudslide

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jan 2009, 02:24 pm »
Not to delay your interest in purchasing some nice Salks, but you may be interested to know that a pretty nice GTG is being planned for the Fall in Lincoln City, Oregon.  Our primary goal is to have Jim Salk's big 3 there...the ST's, HT2's, and HT3's.  We have preliminary pledges already for the standard ST's (would love to have the RT's too) and HT2's (thanks guys!!  aa).  We also have pledges from people bringing Aerial 7B's, Status Acoustic Decimos, Wilson Benesch ARC's, and possibly a few others.

We will soon (April-ish) be putting up threads here, on AVS, and on Audioholics.  If you're interested in attending, please PM me for further (preliminary) details.  We are planning on having a loudspeaker superstar visit, as well.  Details of the who (surprise!  :wink:) and when will come later.

Good cheer.

fluke242

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jan 2009, 03:42 pm »
I am still in for the GTG, Mudslide  :thumb:

Will have HT2's to share.  Granted I have to rent a truck or something...  :scratch:

Mudslide

« Reply #7 on: 20 Jan 2009, 04:57 pm »
I am still in for the GTG, Mudslide  :thumb:

Will have HT2's to share.  Granted I have to rent a truck or something...  :scratch:

:D  I can't tell you how much your involvement is appreciated!  I know moving them is not going to be the easiest thing you've done.  But I have a hunch that the GTG is gonna be worthwhile...much fun and be pretty educational, to boot.  Plus I think your HT2's will get LOTS of lovin' while they're here.

fluke242

« Reply #8 on: 20 Jan 2009, 07:54 pm »
Thanks again for the invite and appreciation, Mudslide.   :)

This will be my 1st GTG and I am excited and looking forward to the trip.  Anyone want to carpool?!  :green:

rcandiog

« Reply #9 on: 21 Jan 2009, 12:04 am »
Not to delay your interest in purchasing some nice Salks, but you may be interested to know that a pretty nice GTG is being planned for the Fall in Lincoln City, Oregon. 

[snip]

If you're interested in attending, please PM me for further (preliminary) details. 

Thank you for the early announcement.  You have a pm.

Rob

Mudslide

« Reply #10 on: 21 Jan 2009, 05:05 am »
Got it, Rob!

Lincoln City is mighty pretty that time of year.  We look forward to meeting you.

majorloser

« Reply #11 on: 26 Feb 2009, 05:41 pm »
Hello to all  :D

I'm going to be helping Mudslide with his "Fall Oregon GTG".
As soon as I get a few more details worked out with different manufacturers I'll start an official thread for the event.

For those that don't know me, I'm a moderator over at Audioholics and I live in Central Florida.  I know what you're thinking, "What the heck is a guy who lives in Florida doing running a GTG in Oregon?"  Well, I guess the wife and I just love taking long flights.  To be honest, I really enjoy the Oregon coast and don't mind helping out a couple of good friends.

kenreau

« Reply #12 on: 26 Feb 2009, 05:54 pm »
I am in Portland and very interested in attending as well.  Are you looking for people to bring gear to listen to?  Fwiw, I have the fully blown Modwright Transporter that is a s.o.t.a. signal source and some other goodies.  Dan Wright could possibly also be interested in attending. 

Kenreau

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #13 on: 26 Feb 2009, 06:14 pm »
Thanks again for the invite and appreciation, Mudslide.   :)

This will be my 1st GTG and I am excited and looking forward to the trip.  Anyone want to carpool?!  :green:

fluke, getting old here  :roll:  , remind me where you are. While there are still lots of 'ifs' in the equation, if the moons align, and Virgo doesn't end up in Aquarius or some such I'll be hauling my STs down in my 5th wheel. Am figuring a 3 day trip from Sea, 1 down, one there, & one back at least. This may change, but if memory serves you are located en-route and would be welcome to 'throw' those bad boys in. You would have to put up with my 4 legged companion who will be backseat driving.

I'm probably not going to be able to solidify things till close to end of summer, but if interested we can keep in touch.    :thumb:

Thanks also Mudslide for the invite.  :)  Will keep an eye open for the updates, & 'Howdy' majorloser. Thanks for the assistance with everything.

classical music lover

« Reply #14 on: 26 Feb 2009, 07:13 pm »
I must of missed this thread somehow.   I live in Dallas, Or (near Salem) and I own a pair of HT3's if anyone is interested in hearing them.  I also would be very interested in any Salk or audio get together.  If the L.C. meeting is still being planned I could bring my HT3's if needed.  Let me know.

Bob

JakeJ

« Reply #15 on: 26 Feb 2009, 08:30 pm »
Hi Mudslide and Oregon/WA Audiophiles,

Although I am in S.E. WA I would be very interested in attending. Love the Oregon coast and spent many a family vacation there in my youth. Dad was born in Toledo. I'll PM Mudslide with my email for details.

Thanks for this thread randyp!

Jake

majorloser

« Reply #16 on: 26 Feb 2009, 08:58 pm »
I must of missed this thread somehow.   I live in Dallas, Or (near Salem) and I own a pair of HT3's if anyone is interested in hearing them.  I also would be very interested in any Salk or audio get together.  If the L.C. meeting is still being planned I could bring my HT3's if needed.  Let me know.

Bob

Heck yeah!  We'd love to get a pair of HT3's.

I don't want to admit everything we already have lined up until I get an official thread going.  But it should be quite impressive.  Just give me a chance to get through EHX '09 in March and I'll start the threads soon after.  I've still got a few more trees to shake and people to harrass before we go "official'.  But Mudslide has already got some pretty good commitments from people already lined up.

fluke242

« Reply #17 on: 26 Feb 2009, 09:45 pm »
Hi ArthurDent,

I am actually in Eugene (South of Portland and the event), and hopefully Veneta soon enough.  Buying a house - with a dedicated media room!!!!   :thumb: Offer is in this morning... can't seem to work  :)

Sure hope the sun, moon, and stars align - be great to meet you!  Plus the Oregon coast is beautiful.

John

Thanks again for the invite and appreciation, Mudslide.   :)

fluke, getting old here  :roll:  , remind me where you are. While there are still lots of 'ifs' in the equation, if the moons align, and Virgo doesn't end up in Aquarius or some such I'll be hauling my STs down in my 5th wheel. Am figuring a 3 day trip from Sea, 1 down, one there, & one back at least. This may change, but if memory serves you are located en-route and would be welcome to 'throw' those bad boys in. You would have to put up with my 4 legged companion who will be backseat driving.

I'm probably not going to be able to solidify things till close to end of summer, but if interested we can keep in touch.    :thumb:

Thanks also Mudslide for the invite.  :)  Will keep an eye open for the updates, & 'Howdy' majorloser. Thanks for the assistance with everything.

fluke242

« Reply #18 on: 26 Feb 2009, 09:47 pm »
Way cool, Bob.  Be pretty amazing to have so many Salk models in one room: ST, HT2, HT3 and I think even ST RT's may show?  Plus I hear there will be a good showing of other gear and some guest speakers.    :D

John

Bob

majorloser

« Reply #19 on: 7 Mar 2009, 07:35 pm »
SORRY GUYS FOR TAKING SO LONG  :oops:

I'm starting to post threads.  The first thread is over at Audioholics.  I am a moderator over there so I have much more posting and editing rights.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53440

Now I can start a thread over here, too.