AN UEBER-REFERENCE IS COMING !!!!!!

djbnh

Re: AN UEBER-REFERENCE IS COMING !!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: 11 Aug 2008, 09:30 pm »
kismet = fate; destiny    :thumb:
Yes, as in:
So perhaps August could be a month in which you'd pass on a few details re: Kismet, or should we look to the long line of films by this name for clues instead?  Come on Klaus, it's your destiny to spill the beans. :wink:

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #21 on: 11 Aug 2008, 09:36 pm »
Klaus
Help us out here, at least point us in the proper direction!

jdodmead

« Reply #22 on: 11 Aug 2008, 09:52 pm »
It can'y possibly be a phono pre. I offered to be a beta tester for Alex at RMAf last year, when one was designed and I haven't heard a thing. So, it has to be something else, then again maybe that's the new "UEBER-REFERENCE ". I sure hope it handles low output mc's.

Woodsea

« Reply #23 on: 11 Aug 2008, 11:11 pm »
This same kind of logic came up a few weeks ago, where a manufacturer announced a product, and a recent purchaser screamed 'NOT FAIR'
I understand the sentiment but not the rationale.  No way in hell would you buy a product that was not improved on, so why would someone cry foul that the line the person bought into was improved on.
Just look at the product cycles, and figure in what would be the best time to design, implement, and manufacture this product.  Now YOU have a crystal ball.
NO one else does, not the Wall Street Mogul, nor S. Jobs, Samsung, Toyota or the late Henry Ford. 
Stop whining, and deal with our capatalistic, ever changing free market.

Klaus, I have met you once, you are a big bear of a guy that makes astounding products.  I will be waiting with baited breath, on your unveiling.  Fun fun fun!!!

golfugh

« Reply #24 on: 11 Aug 2008, 11:59 pm »
This same kind of logic came up a few weeks ago, where a manufacturer announced a product, and a recent purchaser screamed 'NOT FAIR'
I understand the sentiment but not the rationale.  No way in hell would you buy a product that was not improved on, so why would someone cry foul that the line the person bought into was improved on.
Just look at the product cycles, and figure in what would be the best time to design, implement, and manufacture this product.  Now YOU have a crystal ball.
NO one else does, not the Wall Street Mogul, nor S. Jobs, Samsung, Toyota or the late Henry Ford. 
Stop whining, and deal with our capatalistic, ever changing free market.

Klaus, I have met you once, you are a big bear of a guy that makes astounding products.  I will be waiting with baited breath, on your unveiling.  Fun fun fun!!!

Woodsea
No one is whining!  We just want to know what is forthcoming.  I also don't need the lesson in Capatalism.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #25 on: 12 Aug 2008, 12:22 am »
Woodsea
No one is whining!  We just want to know what is forthcoming.  I also don't need the lesson in Capatalism.
wrong.  doublej is whining:

Great work, Klaus.

Now everything that bought something from you in the past month is thinking they should return it because you are about to make a better one and everyone that's thinking of buying something is  going to wait until I find out what it is.

:lol:

doug s.

Doublej

« Reply #26 on: 12 Aug 2008, 12:29 am »
I am not whining, I haven't bought anything from Klaus in the last month nor was I planning on buying anything in the next  6 months. :D

Woodsea
wrong.  doublej is whining:

Great work, Klaus.

Now everything that bought something from you in the past month is thinking they should return it because you are about to make a better one and everyone that's thinking of buying something is  going to wait until I find out what it is.

:lol:

doug s.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #27 on: 12 Aug 2008, 01:52 am »
I prefer to buy from companies that continue to make their products worse,
that way my 15 year old piece is as good as it gets and I save money.  :jester:

Lin :D

Randy

« Reply #28 on: 12 Aug 2008, 01:57 am »
Capatalism?

golfugh

« Reply #29 on: 12 Aug 2008, 02:51 am »
Oops Capitalism

Haoleb

« Reply #30 on: 12 Aug 2008, 04:06 am »
I prefer to buy from companies that continue to make their products worse,
that way my 15 year old piece is as good as it gets and I save money.  :jester:

Lin :D

Strangely enough, That actually kinda makes sense.

Some companies used to make some really nice stuff. Sansui is one that comes to mind  :thumb:

djbnh

« Reply #31 on: 12 Aug 2008, 10:07 am »
Ok, I've figured it out - Klaus is talking about his web site!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MaxCast

« Reply #32 on: 12 Aug 2008, 10:51 am »
Ok, I've figured it out - Klaus is talking about his web site!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rotflmao:

Bravo !

lazydays

« Reply #33 on: 12 Aug 2008, 04:48 pm »
Would be interesting if he made something akin to ModWright's Transporter - with movement to PC-based audio...

Klaus told me once he'd never do digital
gary

BobC

« Reply #34 on: 12 Aug 2008, 05:36 pm »
Would be interesting if he made something akin to ModWright's Transporter - with movement to PC-based audio...

gary

Told me the same thing. Too many good CDP's and DAC's out there for the money.  That's why I'm sticking with my bet on a phono stage.  However, what I'd really like it a new fancy remote for my Candela!   :lol:  I'm imagining a nice heavy piece of aluminum with 2 volume buttons.

djbnh

« Reply #35 on: 12 Aug 2008, 08:07 pm »

gary

Told me the same thing. Too many good CDP's and DAC's out there for the money.  That's why I'm sticking with my bet on a phono stage. {emphasis added}  However, what I'd really like it a new fancy remote for my Candela!   :lol:  I'm imagining a nice heavy piece of aluminum with 2 volume buttons.
Regarding the bolded above, the rationale re: "too many good units out there for the money" makes me wonder if a phono stage would be the appropriate equipment choice to release. A quick web search will reveal that there are a number of nicely acclaimed and well equipped phono stages already available at various price points. However, my interpretation of that market may or may not align with the opinions of others; also, Klaus is known for his bang-for-buck ratio, so a relatively low cost / highly featured phono stage might make sense, albeit I would not want to venture a guess as to how he'd keep the price below some of the well received units already out there. Plus, Klaus is calling it "UEBER-REFERENCE", so maybe Odyssey with this piece is going to shift focus to the high performance realm without as much emphasis on the cost to consumer. That, to me, would be a large philosophical change at Odyssey.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what will officially transpire. It's also fun to keep the guessing alive.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #36 on: 12 Aug 2008, 08:27 pm »
...Told me the same thing. Too many good CDP's and DAC's out there for the money....

replace "cdp" & "dac" with any audio component of your choice, & that statement would still be true.  why make anything?!?   :lol:

doug s.

bunky

« Reply #37 on: 12 Aug 2008, 09:28 pm »
 Maybe the UEBER-REFERENCE is a Tube power Amp? :scratch: Alex G has a gift for designing and building Tube gear as well as tweaking Solid state designs so anything is possible.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #38 on: 12 Aug 2008, 11:49 pm »
Hehehehehe

BradJudy

« Reply #39 on: 13 Aug 2008, 12:11 am »
He said "uber-reference" - maybe Kismet is just a really big dictionary.  :)