Comet Supply

JackD

Re: Comet Supply
« Reply #40 on: 9 Apr 2013, 02:00 am »
My first DL-110 from Comet took 42 days but it was in a sealed factory package and played fine after breaking in and loading it down.  I ordered a second one last week just to have on hand. I expect this one to take just as long to arrive, but it doesn't matter.  Moral is don't order Denon cartridges from Comet if you are in a hurry.

a.wayne

« Reply #41 on: 17 Apr 2013, 01:15 am »
Well I'm past 42 days and still waiting , supposedly this week ...........  :scratch:

a.wayne

« Reply #42 on: 20 Apr 2013, 01:39 am »
Received today , suspect cantilever, dead on center, but a slight tilt on the diamond, not sure if this is how they are stock.  :x

glrickaby

« Reply #43 on: 22 Apr 2013, 04:30 am »
Another site mentioned that Comet had DL110's for $70- Sure enough!

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #44 on: 22 Apr 2013, 09:55 am »
Received today , suspect cantilever, dead on center, but a slight tilt on the diamond, not sure if this is how they are stock.  :x

Tilted how?   The 110 has an alum cantilever that's flattened on the diamond end and is roughly parallel to the record, just near the tip.   Is this what you're talking about?
neo

tomytoons

« Reply #45 on: 22 Apr 2013, 02:11 pm »
Most of the prices there have dropped.
If there is something wrong return it.
Keep us informed how you make out.

a.wayne

« Reply #46 on: 22 Apr 2013, 11:24 pm »
Well it Took me 6 weeks to get my dl110, it arrived friday , you buys , you waits .. :duh:

When i had it first installed it was way too sweet , cd bad sweet , audio diabetes .....

Spent sometime with the setup yesterday and today , added mass, changed the alignment, azimuth and Lowered the VTA and it Knocked the CD sound right out , much better balance , but of course lost a little details in the mix, less air and space around instruments , the VTA looks good , so i will check more after running the test records, so far its much better to live with this way, it was diabetic sweet before...

A few more hrs run in time and more adjustment before full evaluation, very happy so far , table is an ES-1 , a few more upgrades and tweaks before comparing it to the VPI rig ....

Imo Its gonna be close ....  :icon_lol:

a.wayne

« Reply #47 on: 22 Apr 2013, 11:30 pm »
Most of the prices there have dropped.
If there is something wrong return it.
Keep us informed how you make out.

Cantiliver was straight , but diamond tip was a bit tilted, i was able to adjust the azimuth and it seems OK now, I have a new one from Needle doctor , i will compare, to see if it is the same way, I'm suspicious Comet maybe selling seconds, or i just got one a bit out of spec...

Anyway ...

The balance is very impressive now, highs are fully extended and not bright, bass, has slam, when playing Carmina Burana opening track , it was all wow, it does have it all and in another few hrs play time i will re check VTF and VTA.

So far I have no reason to return and may other another as a spare ...

regards ...

Rocket

« Reply #48 on: 25 May 2014, 12:19 am »
Hi Guys,

I searched the comet supply website and couldn't find any denon cartridges at all.  Does anyone have a direct link to their webpage?

Cheers Rod

audio.bill

« Reply #49 on: 25 May 2014, 12:47 am »
I have read elsewhere that they are no longer selling any Denon phono cartridges, and I don't see any other brands listed either.

vortrex

« Reply #50 on: 25 May 2014, 12:56 am »
You have to log in to see them.

bacobits1

« Reply #51 on: 25 May 2014, 02:30 am »
You can view the list but no description if logged in. Not so sure you can order any of them?

vortrex

« Reply #52 on: 25 May 2014, 02:53 am »
I spoke with Zu recently, who is also out of stock.  They spoke with Denon, who apparently had a machine failure which is causing the delays on getting new carts.  I called Comet a month ago or so and all they had in stock was a single 103, waiting for more.

Voland

« Reply #53 on: 3 Nov 2014, 11:33 am »
Folks, anybody ordered any Denon carts from Comet Supply lately?

yeldarb

« Reply #54 on: 3 Nov 2014, 04:22 pm »
I ordered a DL-110 around the first of July.  Was still at a decent price.  Checked their website repeatedly, for order status.  Finally, in October, they canceled my order and refunded my money.  The invoice page said that they were not going to carry Denon anymore. 

I found 1 at the old price on Amazon, the day after the cancellation.  Needless to say, I bought it.

Voland

« Reply #55 on: 4 Nov 2014, 07:52 am »
The invoice page said that they were not going to carry Denon anymore. 

Thank you! Bad news though...

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #56 on: 4 Nov 2014, 07:20 pm »
Don't know if I'd call it bad news.  I have a mono Denon 102 that was from them with a twisted cantilever.  I wrapped the cantilever in rubber and literally took a small pair of pliers and torqued it until the diamond was in line with the record.  I'd not buy from them.