aksa on you tube?

Tim

aksa on you tube?
« on: 22 Feb 2009, 06:20 pm »

Just had a thought, still very keen on getting an aksa GK-1 and power amp.

with my options very limited because no one here in Wales(uk) has an aksa I can pop around to evaluate.

As I use youtube a lot wouldnt it be a good marketing idea for Hugh or others to create a small video showing their amps within their system?

I realise it is pointless trying to sonically evaluate it youtube but I think it might help bolster pontial sales of aksa products.

what do people think about this idea?

cheers,

Tim

Tim

Re: aksa on you tube?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2009, 07:00 pm »

mmmm 10 views and no feedback!  :o

what about community spirit guys?

Tim

AKSA

« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2009, 08:05 pm »
Hi Tim,

It's a great suggestion, and yes, in these troubling times it might indeed bolster sales!

Any comments, guys, anyone willing to give it a go?  I'm about as youtube challenged as a garden snail, regrettably........ :scratch:

Hugh

Tim

« Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2009, 08:10 pm »

Hugh,

this gave me idea for suggestion, hope everyone finds it of interest anyway.

Tim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1aUws0Lrs

whubbard

« Reply #4 on: 22 Feb 2009, 08:23 pm »
Tim,
I'm not really sure how many people look to youtube when buying, so in terms of marketing, I'm not sure it would really do much. If you would like I can make a quick video of my Amps and GK-1, but I feel like photos are just as effective, as the audio will be terrible on the videos. I also should tell you that my cases are, in my opinion, hideous, as the worker at home depot gave me bright orange, instead of bright red.

-West

AKSA

« Reply #5 on: 22 Feb 2009, 09:20 pm »
Ah yes, West,

The Athens crowd, they are lunatics, a grand obsession, incredible stuff........  I found it especially amusing when husbands and wives discussed the cost of all this!!   :lol:

Nothing succeeds like excess, it seems.   :tempted:

In a digital world, where audio is compressed, pulse modulated, otherwise corrupted and generally uninvolving, almost anything analog will sound better, heck, a 1950s single ended pentode domestic radio will sound better!  The real issue is persuading people that they are missing something important, and pricking their interest in a bit of DIY.  It really is better to preach to the converted, rather than try to make new converts, as only a long term listen to a really good system will change people's minds.

Nonetheless, a YouTube presentation is a string to our bow, although it has to be said that I'm moving away from kit products as there is absolutely no money in it.  I have to sell assembled modules to make the business viable.  Perhaps a YouTube on how to get a LF module up and running?

Cheers,

Hugh

Seano

« Reply #6 on: 22 Feb 2009, 10:25 pm »
As an Australian, there is a major flaw with respect to Youtube, Vimeo et al. and product marketing.

Nothing much at all to do with the sites per se.  More about access. 

Even with my own above average quality connection to the WWW, Youtube and its contemporaries provide slow and jerky progress through the videos.

We (as a community & nation) simply don't have access to the necessary bandwidth such is the 'quality' of our broadband networks (and the rectal reaming we get from network owners & ISPs).  So the idea of using video sharing as a marketing tool in Australia remains largely that.....an idea.