Help? OT: Audiolab Transport parts sourcing

Pleb Plebian

Help? OT: Audiolab Transport parts sourcing
« on: 28 Apr 2003, 06:33 am »
Hi guys; sorry for the off-topic post, but I feel like I know most of you guys - and respect your <audio> opinions :-)

My 8000CDM Audiolab Transport has died: one of the gears that drive the loading mechanism in and out has stripped.
All would be well - I'd just buy another except that...Tag-McLaren, who bought out A'Lab, don't support this model any more: no bits are available in either NZ or direct from the factory.

The problem is that this pinion is too small for me to get reproduced at gear-cutting engineers..and there doesn't seem to be anything else at modelmakers, etc that I can adapt.

My only hope is that there will be some of these sitting in a 'local' repair shop somewhere around the world (the local agent did comment they tend to go 'frequently' and that he usually carried stock - Bah!).

If anyone on this forum can forward any contacts - preferably email, but I'll try anything! - for anyone that may stock this gear (pinion with a pulley on the back, white plastic- feels like Nylon - Audiolab replacement part number 2696-D), I'd be everlastingly grateful.....

My 'real' email address is "darl at xpress dot net dot nz"  - or just drop me a line thru the forum.
Sorry again for the OT post - and TIA for any thoughts/suggestions
-Darl (Pleb)