A bit taller N3 for my office at home- Thanks Ruben and Danny

persisting1

Re: A bit taller N3 for my office at home- Thanks Ruben and Danny
« Reply #20 on: 31 Oct 2012, 07:24 am »
Andre2, are your N3s built as TLs with the port in the back? I was interested if the acoustic treatment behind your speaker made a difference in your office . I understand that these speakers need to be 3 Ft away from the wall for best bass results. Thanks, Paul

You can put the port in the front of the speaker so they can be placed close to the wall. There's a link to a build in your other post.

Andre2

« Reply #21 on: 31 Oct 2012, 02:03 pm »
The port is on the back.  The acoustic panels that I have done improved slightly the overall sound in the office.  The greatest improvement was bringing the system to the living room.

But, I really enjoy the system in the 12-ft by 10ft wood veneered office at low levels. 
I am really happy with what I have relative to the value I spent.

sl_1800

« Reply #22 on: 31 Oct 2012, 02:55 pm »
Those look great!!

Andre2

« Reply #23 on: 12 Nov 2012, 02:23 am »
Hi Ruben and Danny and all Audio Circle members!  :D

okay, if I can just add something to this thread describing my system.
Well, it is my own thread, so I guess I can.

I am really a newbie at hifi systems in general. 
So, I bought the tube integrated EE M88 in August 2011, and I had been listening to it since then, first using some old Boston acoustic speakers.  The improvement was fantastic when retired a solid state Yamaha amplifier with the EE M88.  I took delivery of the extra tall N3s December 2011.  And the improvement was great, but not as dramatic as from the Yamaha to the M88.  But, as I listened in my office 12ft by 10ft wood venner all around, I never was able to crank the volume past half on the M88. 

As I moved the system to the living room, I realized that I was listening to distorted sound  right after the half way volume level.  So I checked the bias, and I had one bad tube, the dial was not even moving.  Since then, I bought a new Gold Lion KT88 quad.  I have been cranking this for one week. 

And, let me tell you, I really don't know since when that tube went bad on me (I had never checked the bias since I had bought the M88  :green:), but right now I realize how good these speakers are, and I am much happier with its quality, both in the low level details that I can now hear, as well as how loud my system can go without distortion with my new cryo Gold Lion tubes.   :D Oh, yeah, I also bought new speaker cables, Blue Jeans, I tried A/B earlier tonight with my zipper monster cables, and if there are any differences they are very very subtle.

PS.: We love you Guy 13...  :thumb: