Monalisa Found Dead

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Monalisa Found Dead
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2012, 10:39 pm »
I do not understand the humor here.  This is a real find, and one that folks have speculated on for years. 

I enjoy jokes and have contributed a few here...why is this posted??

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2012, 10:57 pm »
Iam not good to explain jokes, a English born could do better, for sure just she is found dead indeed.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2012, 05:16 am »
maybe the english-to-portuguese translation that fullrangeman found garbled the translation so it read "mona lisa found dead", or something to that effect.  which would be kinda funny, cuz of course she's dead.

that's the only thing i can make from this....

doug s.

decal

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2012, 10:23 am »
Lost in translation, again !!!! :shake:

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 2012, 02:10 pm »
My son asked me just the other day why this painting is so famous...I couldn't give him a good answer.    :wink:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 22 Jul 2012, 03:12 pm »
My son asked me just the other day why this painting is so famous...I couldn't give him a good answer.    :wink:
Oh great, this is a golden opportunity to introduce your son in the fine arts of the Renaissance and abroad.
You should say this>> there are several reasons why this is the most famous portrait of a person, some are:
1) It is a very old painting, and with time it has created many legends about this work, all fake, after it was stolen and found the legend grew,
2) Also Leonardo is a famous painter in other works,
3) She is a woman, and women have the gift to inspire and deceiving men, if the painting was of a man, it surely be forgotten.
4) Many art critics have created a mystery about the slight smile of this lady, that was perpetuated by the media, and was coined the term Mona Lisa smile, strong enough to name a movie, and the beautiful song by Nat King Cole etc...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mona_Lisa_Smile

Also there is alot of pop art inspired by Mona:
http://desciclopedia.ws/wiki/Mona_Lisa

Andre2

« Reply #7 on: 22 Jul 2012, 03:27 pm »
well, I thought it was funny the thread title, and came here to read the full joke.  I thought, I did not know she was still alive after all these years.

Lighten up people, this is the humor and jokes section, after-all.

I've been to the Louvre and checked the real deal of MonaLisa.  In my totally non-expert opinion, but honest opinion nonetheless: much ado about nothing on that piece of art.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 22 Jul 2012, 03:53 pm »
maybe the english-to-portuguese translation that fullrangeman found garbled the translation so it read "mona lisa found dead", or something to that effect.  which would be kinda funny, cuz of course she's dead.

that's the only thing i can make from this....

doug s.
Hello,
Beautiful sunny winter morning here. The title ''MonaLisa Found Dead'' is humorous in the language of the Monty Python films, because it is arguable whether Mona Lisa is dead... mainly to millions of teenage fans of Madonna, Adele, Gaga or Ricky Martin, for these adolescents ''Monalisa Found dead'' is a credible headline.

Her body is no more, but since this small portrait is commented, discussed and praised today more than in the past, in the Louvre there is still a long line to see it.
Of course due the extensive culture from the AC audience this title is not funny, unless for me.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #9 on: 22 Jul 2012, 04:15 pm »
f-r-m, yes, the title "mona lisa found dead' is funny.  the problem is that the article you link has nothing to do w/this.  and many folks (Myself included) did not get the reference to monty python.

ymmv,

doug s.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 22 Jul 2012, 04:23 pm »
The article is what I found, nothing better appear...  :green:

Andre2

« Reply #11 on: 22 Jul 2012, 04:41 pm »
Need to ship some of you to Rio for an intensive course in humor.   (j/k, please no  :flame:).
Fullrangeman, if you need to explain your joke, the joke is on you. 

Over here, it is summer in Texas, listening to Dave Brubeck and working, before hitting the pool.
 :D

by the way, note my avatar is a pic of me in the Louvre, I was trying to 'provide' my handsome face to the headless statue.  :lol:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 22 Jul 2012, 05:04 pm »
Having to explain jokes is unusual, but nothing serious(it is caused by lack of references), it is good to know different people. :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 26 Sep 2012, 10:52 pm »
Lots of Monalisa versions lately...This is a younger Monalisa version:
http://www.iol.co.za/news/world/younger-mona-lisa-to-be-presented-1.1390662