Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) - the biggest and baddest yet, Oh Yeah!

WGH

In Godzilla vs. Kong the monsters are bigger, the punches are harder, the roars are louder, the film is an over the top CGI extravaganza that doesn't disappoint. My movie buddy Alice thought it was terrible but hey, she picked it out - I make dinner, she picks the movie. Alice always picks the movie I want to see, what a sweetheart.

The film gets right to the action, no more long winded soliloquies about how humans are destroying the Earth, we have a new enemy now - Apex Cybernetics. Godzilla vs. Kong doesn't try to hide it's intentions, as in previous films it's all about the anticipation of the big battle between apex predators - there can be only one winner.

The human element is well done, orphaned Jia, the sole survivor of Skull Island's Iwi tribe, has a special bond with Kong and is an integral part of the story. The bad guys are not as developed and are disposable, we don't care about them anyway, we care about Kong. Terry Notary does an excellent job as Kong and T.J. Storm is Godzilla, both are motion capture performers and have played these characters before so they are in top form. Kong has a larger emotional range with body and facial expressions while Godzilla is all about brute force.

The action is fast and furious, this one of the few films that could be watched a couple times to catch everything going on, there is also an homage to the 1962 King Kong vs. Godzilla during one of the fight scenes. No, I'm not saying where, you have to watch both films.

Gather up your kids and action buddies, make some popcorn, turn up the volume real loud and enjoy some good old fashioned Saturday afternoon matinee movie magic.

93% Audience Rating on RT
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/godzilla_vs_kong

RogertEbert.com has a glowing review but they always include spoilers
https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/godzilla-vs-kong-movie-review-2021

:popcorn: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

cheech

Big disappointment. Kong understands and communicates in sign. Godzilla can sense that  humans are creating a Mega Titan, etc etc. Your buddy was right it sucked