Welcome to AC!!!

Marbles

Welcome to AC!!!
« on: 2 Jan 2003, 09:38 pm »
John, welcome to AC.  I hope this new year is a Great one.

There have been some questions on the remote option on the TX102 kits in another thread.

Hate to put you on the spot in the first post, but any comments? :-)

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
Welcome to AC!!!
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2003, 12:07 am »
Hello!

I'll post a bit of an introduction later for those new to Bent Audio but I'll reply to the question about the remote control.

Fortunately, unlike the long list of other projects that take longer than expected, the remote option for the kits is going well. Here is a summary:

1 - It works!

2- The PC Board is complete and the IR reciever and stepper motor drive are coded and tested. This same board will be available to anyone wanting to mod pre-amps to add remote control. Along with the stepper drive we use to turn the Seiden level control switch in the kits the board can drive standard motorized pots and also has 3 outputs to fire relays for various functions.

3- I am making some additional plates for the front panel to make it easier to install as a refit for existing TX102 pre-amp owners. Without the new plates you'd have to mill slots for the motor mount in a plate - not easy for folks to do. These were laser cut before Christmas and are in for anodizing now. I should have them at the beginning of next week.

Other parts including motors, belts, pulleys, and misc stuff aill be ordered next week so I should be able to ship the first few remote re-fit kits out just after CES. Since Marbles was the guy who got me to tackle the remote mod for the kits he gets the first one! I have lots of boards in stock so there will not be a delay getting them for anyone interested.

Many Thanks!

John Chapman
www.bentaudio.com

Brad

Welcome to AC!!!
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2003, 04:28 am »
Hi John,

Any idea on the appx cost to add remote to the '102?

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
Welcome to AC!!!
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jan 2003, 02:47 pm »
Brad,

I should have put that info in my last post! The remote option has a target cost of $200.00 and includes:

1- Remote PC Board c/w extender cable for the IR reciever (so it can be located at the front panel).

2- Power Supply

3- Remote Control (same as the remote used in my TAP preamp).

4- Pulleys and Belts

5- 2 additional front plates to ease installation.

6- Stepper Motor

I will also be selling the bare board or populated board for those folks wanting to add remote control to an existing pre-amp or project using a motorized pot. The Populated board + Power Supply + Remote Control should be about $130.00 to $140.00 I'd guess.

Many Thanks!

John Chapman
www.bentaudio.com