*** New UK-Based Hi-fi And Music Forum ***

Marco1408

*** New UK-Based Hi-fi And Music Forum ***
« on: 22 Jan 2008, 09:50 pm »
Hi Guys,

If you would like to join a new UK-based hi-fi and music forum I've started, and chat about the KAB Technics SL-1210, or anything else hi-fi or music related, in a friendly and informative environment (much like here!) then please come and check us out. It's early days for our forum but there are sure to be some interesting discussions ahead... Look out for (at last!!) the full review of my KAB-modified SL-1210, the Auditorium 23 MC step-up transformer, ZU-modified DL-103, and lots, lots more!

http://theartofsound.net/forum/index.php

See you there :)

Best regards,
Marco.

P.S Thanks to the guys in Admin for allowing this advert!

Marco1408

Re: *** New UK-Based Hi-fi And Music Forum ***
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2008, 11:28 pm »
<Bump>

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2008, 03:31 am »
I visit this forum and can vouch that it is a quality place.  Marco, Rob, and Steve, the moderators, helped to set up another site that was run by a boorish, very intrusive chap and they decided to leave.  That forum is in demise.  These guys are genuine lovers of music and high end sound and are knowlegable, witty, and well mannered.  I think it would be swell if Audio Circle members would pay their respects.  I know that they would like to build the kind of community that AC has and we all enjoy.  LOL

PS-  The guy just LOOKS like a rogue!
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2008, 10:58 pm by jimdgoulding »

Marco1408

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2008, 01:23 pm »
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your kind words of support. We seem to be achieving our aim on The Art of Sound, as you describe, as has been suggested by the positive response we've had from our members. Hopefully we will continue to grow and progress, which I'm sure will happen with people of your quality on board.

I enjoy posting on the Audio Circle and think it's a great site, and would certainly like to bring some of the friendliniess and quality of discussion that regularly takes place on here to the Art of Sound.

As such if people would like to join then they are most welcome.

www.theartofsound.net/forum/

Best regards,
Marco.

P.S Admin - any chance of making this a sticky? That would be much appreciated!

MaxCast

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2008, 01:57 pm »
P.S Admin - any chance of making this a sticky? That would be much appreciated!
Any chance of AoS posting a logo and link to AudioCircle on your home page?

Marco1408

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2008, 02:47 pm »
Yeah, of course - consider it done! Well once I've asked our design/IT guru on admin to sort it out :thumb:

You'll see it in the 'Creative Collections' section on our forum where we recommend other sites to our members, at the moment which are manufacturers and dealers. No reason though not to recommend another great audio forum, too!

KAB are already in there from the US, and others will follow shortly :)

Have a look:

http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27

The Audio Circle should be in there by this evening (UK time).

Regards,
Marco.

ThomDP

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2008, 04:21 pm »
Marco,

Best of luck with your website. From time to time I visit the British website HiFi www.Hifiwigwam.com. Two channel still seems to be king over there and I find the the British boards to be colorful and entertaining.

What I have noticed concerning the British market is that there is a slow drift away from the use of classic solid state integrated amps to tube amps. Tube amps have gained a real niche with British hi-fi nuts. This is evident from what I've read at wigwam and the ads and reviews you see in Hi-fi News, Hi-fi choice, and other British rags. For the longest time it seemed that tube amps were considered inferior and unaffordable in the UK but things are changing.

Dennis

Marco1408

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2008, 04:57 pm »
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for wishing us luck. It's going very well and we hope it continues that way. Hi-fi Wigwam is a good site and I look on there myself, but we like to think we're a bit different and offer a slightly different 'flavour' of discussion.

You're very welcome to join us and indeed it would be good to chat to you there about the very interesting point you raised about tube amps - you're so right! :)

Come and have a chat:

www.theartofsound.net/forum/

Regards,
Marco.

Marco1408

« Reply #8 on: 30 Jan 2008, 08:19 pm »
Hi Max Cast,

Done! :thumb:

Check out your permanent direct link (with logo) on The Art of Sound:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?p=123#post123

So how about that sticky now, dude? :P

Best regards,
Marco.

Marco1408

« Reply #9 on: 30 Jan 2008, 08:59 pm »
Brilliant, dude - many thanks :thumb:

The cheque's in the post (US bank account) :wink:

Here's to a successful future for both of us!

Best regards,
Marco.

P.S Next member who joins The Art of Sound gets a special prize aa

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #10 on: 30 Jan 2008, 09:04 pm »
P.S Next member who joins The Art of Sound gets a special prize

I signed up, did I win a major award!?! aa

John

Marco1408

« Reply #11 on: 30 Jan 2008, 09:32 pm »
Yes, you will get a knock on the door in approximately 30 mins and the woman of your dreams will be standing there with a bottle of champagne and not much else :icon_lol:

Enjoy!

aa

P.S Thanks for joining the forum!!