Any customer info/opinions on Emeralds?

listen

Any customer info/opinions on Emeralds?
« on: 25 Jan 2007, 06:51 pm »
I'm very new to the ACI speakers, but am really interested in them. I've read so many glowing reviews from thoroughly satisfied customers and would love to try a pair out.  I was looking at the discontinued Emerald (non-wall  mount version).  Since the Emerald series is discontinued they are at a nice price point, but I'd like to ask what people have thought of them.  Has anyone compared the Emeralds to any other speaker?  Any pros/cons about the speakers would be greatly appreciated. Also, Mike, what do you think of your Emeralds compared to the Sapphire XLs?
Thanks!

Subaro

Re: Any customer info/opinions on Emeralds?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2007, 07:29 pm »
I have Emeralds for my rear and side speakers in my HT room. They are very nice speakers, excellent imaging. I have not used them as my fronts except for breaking them in and I can tell you I was extremely satisfied. The sound was robust and the base was surprising for their size. I also own a pair of Sapphire XL which is one of the best sounding speakers I have heard. Their imaging is superior to the Emeralds and the base is deeper/smoother. But as you know they are twice as expensive. The Emeralds are a very good price and I think you would be extremely satisfied. By the way, if I'm not mistaken, a new version of the Emerald will be arriving soon. You might want to ask Mike the difference between the two. ACI has very nice speakers, I have bought their speakers for the last 20 years. Their customer service is second to none.

ganesha

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2007, 01:48 am »
I have them in my living room paired with a sub and they fill the room quite nicely. I also have the 25th anniversary Sapphires which are definitely in another league, much fuller and detailed sound.

Not sure how the new Emeralds will sound but they do sure look purty  :green:

listen

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2007, 03:36 am »
Thanks for the replies. Glad to know that they do sound good, and have made both of you quite happy with your respective systems. Ganesha thanks for the comparison to the Sapphires, it gives me food for thought.  Even more so with the pic of the new Emeralds! They really do look purty.

Mike Dzurko

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2007, 11:11 pm »
There are links to Emerald reviews on this page:

http://www.audioc.com/speakers1/emerald/emeralddetail.htm

I think there are also some customer reviews on this page:

http://www.audioc.com/aboutaci1/custquotes/custquotes2.htm

We ARE either sold out or very close . . .

For the LATEST info on the new Emerald XL, make sure you are a subscriber to our newsletter :)

More to come . . .