The Omega/Decware Synergy

jMelvin

The Omega/Decware Synergy
« on: 8 Mar 2018, 11:50 am »
My Decware SE84UFO finally arrived a few days ago and I'm beginning to understand the many glowing comments on the pairing. While the amp needs more time to burn-in, I've already experienced enough of that magic to know I won't be sending it back.

Numerous members (including Canada Rob, roscoe65, and DaveC113) have stated the Super 3i's respond well to higher-end gear and this pairing certainly proves it to me. What is it about this pairing that makes it so special? Is it the "simplicity" of each respective design?

I've heard many different amp/speaker combinations over the years and yet it's this approach which has truly captured me. I only wish I jumped into the SET/single-driver world sooner.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Re: The Omega/Decware Synergy
« Reply #1 on: 8 Mar 2018, 02:30 pm »
  Got that right. SET/single driver is what I have settled with after 40 years of listening to every combo out there. Planars,Multiple driver Box type, OB, Electrostatic, etc.
  Do not get me wrong, I have experienced wonderful tonality with some of the types mentioned however the "King" for me is a single driver/built in sub, no crossover and 102db sensitivity. Pressence, clarity with gestalt oh my !!

charle

OzarkTom

« Reply #2 on: 8 Mar 2018, 02:36 pm »
  Got that right. SET/single driver is what I have settled with after 40 years of listening to every combo out there. Planars,Multiple driver Box type, OB, Electrostatic, etc.
  Do not get me wrong, I have experienced wonderful tonality with some of the types mentioned however the "King" for me is a single driver/built in sub, no crossover and 102db sensitivity. Pressence, clarity with gestalt oh my !!

charle

+100 :D

peckjed

« Reply #3 on: 8 Mar 2018, 06:02 pm »
Those SE84UFO sound great! I enjoyed one with a Red Wine Audio Isabella preamp and Omega RS8 monitors, lovely combination. I wish they had a tiny bit more power - running two of them as mono blocks would have been awesome and still really reasonably priced compared to most mono block setups! 

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 8 Mar 2018, 06:58 pm »
Good to hear!  :thumb: