CL Score, any ideas about what I have here?

Worf101

CL Score, any ideas about what I have here?
« on: 23 Sep 2009, 05:34 pm »
I scored these speaks off of CL and I'm wondering what I have and confirmation that I probably paid WAAAAAY too much fer em.

I'm always on the look out for small, well built speakers for friends HT systems. This guy's selling 4 Audio Concepts speakers. Not sure but they might be early model Emeralds. Anyone know for sure and how much they should be going for?

Thanks in advance...

Da Worfster

Joe_K

Re: CL Score, any ideas about what I have here?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Sep 2009, 05:46 pm »
Congratulations on scoring some small, well built speakers.
I believe the center pair are Sapphires and the outer pair Emeralds. These don't come up for sale often, so it's hard to place a price on them. They'll be killer in 2ch or HT.
Joe
P.S Are they sitting on a sub?

Worf101

« Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2009, 04:50 am »
Yeah they were sitting on a Velodyne sub that I didn't need. The whole package was $400 but I only paid $200 for the speaks probably could've gotten em for less but didn't ask here befoer I bought.  Silly me. Thanks for answering me.

Da Worfster

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #3 on: 27 Sep 2009, 05:14 pm »
The ones with grills off are AV1s, ancestors to the Emeralds and nice little speakers. With grills on, hard to tell for sure, could be an early Sapphire or there were a couple other models that looked like that as well. The S2R comes to mind . . .