Super 7 Flat Packs.....

Jaytor

Re: Super 7 Flat Packs.....
« Reply #280 on: 8 Oct 2019, 08:32 pm »
Jay -  Thanks for the detailed summary regarding the differences between the NX-Oticas and the Super-7s. These are the two designs that really intrigue me. I'm leaning toward the Super-7s because I like the one-box design and the styling, and have always been a fan of planar drivers.

All the Super-7s I've seen photos of are painted. Do you think it's reasonable to considering veneering the side panels (and maybe the top of the baffle where it's exposed above the grill), or do the curves make this impractical?

Thanks,
another Jay

Captainhemo

« Reply #281 on: 21 Oct 2019, 12:01 am »
Hi Jay
Sorry,  I missed this  post  somehow.....
Veneering the side panels would be tricky due to all the rounded edges that  follow  the curves of the cabinet  Woiuld probably  be better  making the  wings  from   hardwood if that's the route  you  want to go.

jay

Jaytor

« Reply #282 on: 21 Oct 2019, 01:40 am »
Hi Jay -

No worries. Thanks for the reply.

I spent a while perusing the forums to try to get a handle on the pros and cons of the Super-7s vs the NX-Oticas and decided to go with the NX-Oticas. I placed my order a few days ago.

I'll be wanting a set of triple-12 OB flatpacks to go with them at some point in the next few months, but want to get the NX-Oticas at least underway before I get these on order.

Can't wait. From everything I've read and seen in photos/videos, you do amazing work with these flatpacks.

Cheers,
Jay

Captainhemo

« Reply #283 on: 21 Oct 2019, 02:16 am »
Hi Jay -

No worries. Thanks for the reply.

I spent a while perusing the forums to try to get a handle on the pros and cons of the Super-7s vs the NX-Oticas and decided to go with the NX-Oticas. I placed my order a few days ago.

I'll be wanting a set of triple-12 OB flatpacks to go with them at some point in the next few months, but want to get the NX-Oticas at least underway before I get these on order.

Can't wait. From everything I've read and seen in photos/videos, you do amazing work with these flatpacks.

Cheers,
Jay

Ahh, ok.   I talked to Danny  briefly about  your  pack   late last  week.  Getting it all ready to go   this week,  just need to pick up some   new cardboard.     Everthing else is in stock  so   just a matter of getting the boxes   "stamped" out. 
Give me a heads up when you  want , or  are getting close to wanting the triples  ....   I do have to get  some  cutting in   to   get a pair of  those  ready  to go
Will need to shoot some emails/phone call back and  forth  when you're at the sub point  to determine  how you  want them  configured /  edge  finishing  etc.

jay

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #284 on: 18 Nov 2019, 12:46 am »
Oops, wrong thread.