Odyssey Gear of different colours.

redstarwraith

Odyssey Gear of different colours.
« on: 3 Jul 2020, 02:29 am »
Hi all, I am intrigued by Odyssey Audio. They are definitely on my short list of amplifier candidates. I notice that there are a lot of different colour options for the consumer. I'm curious if anyone has purchased anything in other than black or silver and if they would not mind posting photos of their gear so I could get an idea how they look? I know that there are really small, fuzzy photos of the possibilities on the Odyssey Audio web page, but I would love to see photos of actual components.
Thanks in advance!

hi_watt

Re: Odyssey Gear of different colours.
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jul 2020, 06:10 pm »
Though this set up isn't mine, the blue face is pretty nice! I only have the black faced Khartagos, but I don't mind that either.

hi_watt

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jul 2020, 06:15 pm »
One more...(not mine)...

redstarwraith

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jul 2020, 10:57 pm »
That blue is pretty sharp!

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #4 on: 5 Jul 2020, 12:57 am »
Our anodizer has a color palette of at least 20 different shades etc....obviously,  I only picked the main ones for our purposes...black, silver, gold, copper, red, blue, green, and purple.....however,  customers in the past did send some color ideas and so far it has been a good job by our anodizer...keep in mind that we're in Indy,  and they service several Indycar teams.....anyway,  you also have to keep in mind that anodization is just different and much more restrictive than paint....but it shows the brush of the metal beautifully.........

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #5 on: 5 Jul 2020, 01:54 am »
you also have to keep in mind that anodization is just different and much more restrictive than paint...

Klaus, I don't disagree with you often, but I have to on this point.  Different, absolutely, but not much more restrictive.  An example (admittedly a little tame, but I think might have some easy appeal to the crowd around here):

https://www.instagram.com/caustic_customs_anodizing/p/Bq7t1b3Bend/?hl=en

Some truly stunning art in anno can be done.  It's not cheap, but to riff on what Klaus said, there are some things that are very difficult to do at best, if at all, in paint that anodizing excels at (as well as vice versa).  Granted, I have no idea how the logistics of getting Odyssey gear done up in some crazy anno might work, but I've rarely heard Klaus to be one to shy away from customization...  :green: :lol:

Oh, and to keep this thread on track, here's one from AC here (not mine) in a dark copper color:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=150524.0

and another (also not mine) in an apple green (scroll down a bit to get there):

https://www.dagogo.com/2011-rmaf-coverage-vii/

redstarwraith

« Reply #6 on: 5 Jul 2020, 02:32 am »
Cool stuff! Thanks for digging these up!

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #7 on: 5 Jul 2020, 04:03 am »
Yeahhh...of course you can always do some crazy Prof. stuff with the process...however,  you have 1000's more choices in paint than in anodization...the main one is that for red or blue,  for example,  you can get all sorts of g=dark hues in paint,  while the anodization simply stops at some point of pretty dark and doesn't go further....saturation point reached, end of story on that one.............