Etymotic Research ER-4P for $225

audiojerry

« on: 8 Jun 2004, 09:03 pm »
Is that a reasonable price if I was looking to buy?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jun 2004, 09:11 pm »
It's not bad, but $209 w/free overnight shipping is better :-)

There is a business called Ideal Sound that I've ordered several items through (including the Ety's), and he's about the cheapest of the reputable dealers:

http://stores.ebay.com/iDealSound

Also, go for the 4S, I had both an the 4S sounds significantly better, even from a portable device.

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jun 2004, 09:15 pm »
I also got mine from Ideal Sound for that price.

audiojerry

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jun 2004, 11:49 pm »
Wow, that's great advice - I knew I could count on my AC pals!

Ferdi

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jun 2004, 10:55 pm »
I have to agree. I got the 4P for use with an iPod. Paul is a pleasure to do business with.

Ferdi

martyj

Etymotics ER 4P
« Reply #5 on: 9 Jul 2004, 05:09 am »
Thank you, thank you and thank you oh and Thank You!!  Jerry for asking the question!  Tyson for your Information on the Great prices at IdeaSound JoshK and Ferdi for your positive words about both IdealSound and Paul.  You're right, Paul is great to work with and friendly, quick to respond and knowledgeable.  IdealSound for your advice about IdealSound.  I bought a pair today and will have them tomorrow, free freight, Airplane adapter and for under $200!!!

I am so psyched about these headphones!

once again, the knowledge base, the experience, the desire to share information and the patience of the Members on this site are Unbelievably Great!!

martyj

bubba966

« Reply #6 on: 16 Jul 2004, 02:45 am »
Tyson,

Would a non-audiophile notice the difference between the 4P & 4S?

I bought a pair from Ideal Sound as a gift for someone,and apparently forgot to specify the 4S. Finally got 'em today and received the 4P. :(

Do the 4P's sound like shit? Or do the 4S's just sound a bit better?

They'll be used mainly on an iPod, and on airplanes as well. And I really doubt that she's ever heard any real cans or earphones. So if the 4P's only sound like ass in comparison to the 4S's, but kill everything else, then the 4P's will do fine.

I'd hate to have dropped $200 on 'em, and have them sound like crap.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #7 on: 16 Jul 2004, 03:24 am »
Most non-audiophiles would never be able to tell the difference.  Plus the 4p is more easily driven out of portable devices like the Ipod.  With a great amp and great source the difference becomes more noticable to people that know what to listen for.  Otherwise, the 2 are way more alike sounding than different sounding.

You bought $200 canalphones as a gift?  Can I be your friend :-D

bubba966

« Reply #8 on: 16 Jul 2004, 03:36 am »
Ahh, good to hear that it probably turned out better that I ended up receiving the 4P instead of the 4S. I was starting to get really annoyed that I'd not specified the 4S when I bought 'em. I was already not thrilled about the shipping delay, and getting the 4P's instead of the 4S's wasn't helping that.

So if Paul makes good on the shipping as he'd said he would, then everything should turn out fine... :mrgreen:

Quote from: Tyson
You bought $200 canalphones as a gift?

Yup, afraid I did. They'll be a thank you gift for the rather un-expected vacation I received that was entirely paid for. It was a most generous gift to me. So I figure that the 4P's might be a decent thank you gift. :wink:  :mrgreen:

Quote from: Tyson
Can I be your friend :-D

:scratch: Hmmm, might have to think that one over... :tempted:

:wink:  :lol: