BDP-1/2 Recommended Interfaces

Ren

Re: BDP-1/2 Recommended Interfaces
« Reply #520 on: 26 Mar 2016, 02:31 pm »
Any advice about behavior of my (great sounding) BDP-1?

It is running Manic Moose S 2.20 2015-11-20 and MPD 0.17.6.  I use the built-in web interface with either a Windows 7 PC or iPad mini as controller.  Behavior is the same with both.

I have all my CD rips stored on a NAS drive as FLAC files, in a Music folder.  When I add more FLAC files and click on update, the update text turns blue permanently and apparently nothing else happens.  The new files do not show up in the default listing of the Music share folder.

HOWEVER, if I use the dashboard virtual front panel, the newly added FLAC files appear and are playable.  The files eventually do show up in the default view, but I cannot really say what transpired to make them appear.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Ren

ttsto

« Reply #521 on: 26 Mar 2016, 08:00 pm »
I believe it have to do with your browser. Clearing cache may help.

Ren

« Reply #522 on: 28 Mar 2016, 02:07 am »
Good thought.  I tried clearing the cache but no improvement.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #523 on: 28 Mar 2016, 03:14 pm »
Any advice about behavior of my (great sounding) BDP-1?

It is running Manic Moose S 2.20 2015-11-20 and MPD 0.17.6.  I use the built-in web interface with either a Windows 7 PC or iPad mini as controller.  Behavior is the same with both.

I have all my CD rips stored on a NAS drive as FLAC files, in a Music folder.  When I add more FLAC files and click on update, the update text turns blue permanently and apparently nothing else happens.  The new files do not show up in the default listing of the Music share folder.

HOWEVER, if I use the dashboard virtual front panel, the newly added FLAC files appear and are playable.  The files eventually do show up in the default view, but I cannot really say what transpired to make them appear.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Ren

When using the update button your telling the BDP to check your entire library for changes, depending on how large your library is and the hardware being used it could take a couple of minutes or it might take longer.  Media Player web app includes a feature that allows you to limit the update to a subsfolder using the "Show missing file and folders from MPD database" option.

Ren

« Reply #524 on: 29 Mar 2016, 01:37 pm »
Thanks.

MoPac

« Reply #525 on: 29 Mar 2016, 07:30 pm »
Ren:
 Just a guess, but it may have something to do with refreshing the screen.  I may be reading your post wrong, but when you changed to Dashboard then back to Media Player maybe the screen refreshed. 
 I have noticed when I use the "Hidden Files" update option the updated files remain red until I go out and come back into the folder where the updated files ( folders ) live.  However, when I do a full library Update it does turn back to white after around 20 seconds or so.  May be a browser issue in your case.

Rich

Ren

« Reply #526 on: 30 Mar 2016, 08:25 pm »
Thanks, Rich,

At the risk of asking a really dumb question,  what is the Hidden File Update function good for?

MoPac

« Reply #527 on: 6 Apr 2016, 08:23 pm »
 Has anyone tried Soundirok on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.  Just downloaded, and set it up.  Got the library and art, but when I held on a track and chose "Play Now" nothing happened.  When I started the BDP using MM that action was not reflected on Soundirok. 
 I know it's communicating because the library is populated and the art shows.
 Gave up and got a refund for now

Thanks, Rich

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #528 on: 8 Apr 2016, 07:36 am »
Hello Chris

Thank you for helping out again, the new interface works a treat.

I followed a "tip" and now have a short cut to the BDP on my iPad desk top that's a nice feature.

The new colours are easier on the eye, text is clearer

Album cover displays immediately for the album being played with no hang over from previous album

Over all a great improvement

Now my wish list:

Rather than having the artist category only for listing and displaying the library, I would like to see a selectable option for listing and displaying album covers for three categories: (1) artist (current) (2) album (3) composer The current artist display may be useful for popular / rock music but it's problematic for classical.

This beta is the best MM so far - keep up the good work!

Thank you

Regards   

Michael Leo

MoPac

« Reply #529 on: 9 Apr 2016, 01:47 pm »
Ren:
 I use the hidden files update method because it is much faster to update only the new folder(s) or files(s) just added to the library.  A full library update is not necessary and may put more strain on the processor ( don't know that for a fact ), but with a very large library it certainly is a slower update.

Rich

hawkeye99

« Reply #530 on: 10 Apr 2016, 10:17 pm »
Ren:
 I use the hidden files update method because it is much faster to update only the new folder(s) or files(s) just added to the library.  A full library update is not necessary and may put more strain on the processor ( don't know that for a fact ), but with a very large library it certainly is a slower update.

Rich

Hi Rich. Where can I find this method? Thanks.

MoPac

« Reply #531 on: 11 Apr 2016, 02:26 am »
Ren:
   Example using Chrome & Adding the album Abbey Road:
 On the Media Player screen, in Moose, click on the Gear icon on top of the right side column ( just below the search entry field ).  In this Settings screen scroll down to "Show missing files and folders from MPD database".  Check the box.  Now any new folder(s) or file(s) you add to your library will show in red, along with other hidden files such as album art. 

These red files are at the bottom of the list of folder(s) or file(s) you are looking at, so if your looking for  The Beatles / Abbey Road folder that you just added, it will be on the bottom of the list of albums where Abbey Road is supposed to be, but not at B as you would expect.  Once you have scrolled down to the bottom to find Abbey Road Click on the + sign on the Abbey Road listing and it will  be Updated to the library. 

Update  on the top left will turn blue for a very short time then back to white, but the album listing for Abbey Road will remain red until you back out and go back into the album list at which point it will show in gray and be in the proper alphabetical location. 

Rich

hawkeye99

« Reply #532 on: 11 Apr 2016, 10:32 am »
Thanks Rich. That will save some time!

dznutz

« Reply #533 on: 9 Feb 2017, 12:10 am »
On my new BDP2 I see I can select which version of MPD to use, 17, 18 or 19.  The 17 is selected for now, but should I not be using the 19?  which I assume is the latest version?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #534 on: 9 Feb 2017, 01:49 am »
On my new BDP2 I see I can select which version of MPD to use, 17, 18 or 19.  The 17 is selected for now, but should I not be using the 19?  which I assume is the latest version?

Hi

Yes I would use 19.  If you download the latest software it defaults to 19.

James

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #535 on: 9 Feb 2017, 02:33 am »
Hi

Yes I would use 19.  If you download the latest software it defaults to 19.

James

If you do a factory reset it defaults to 19, or should

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #536 on: 30 Aug 2018, 03:44 pm »
Glider Music Player 2.0.0 (2.0.0.6) for iOS is ready to test

What To Test:

• Generic MPD device support is now available, making Glider the only app on any platform to support all streaming protocols including: UPnP/DLNA, OpenHome, MPD, AirPlay and Chromecast. Many MPD devices will be auto-discovered, but a new option has been added to add an MPD device using the IP address and port number.

• A new 'Analog' display mode allows you to focus on album-based listening with a distraction free experience. Play full albums, one at a time with no extraneous features.

• Recently added albums are now displayed on the main Library screen, and the Albums view has a new 'Recently Added' sort option. Your history of recently added albums will be stored in iCloud and will be restored during a delete and re-install of the app.

• You can now easily add files to Glider using the iOS Files App, the 'Share' button in Safari, and AirDrop from your Mac.

• Last.fm integration has been added to automatically scrobble whatever's playing in Glider. If you're listening without an internet connection, then your scrobbles will be stored locally and synced to Last.fm when your connection returns.

Bug Fixes:

• Properly order tracks in the queue When playing multi-disc albums
• Allow local iTunes files to stream at the native resolution without downconverting
• Sync fixes for MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS drives

To test this app, open TestFlight on your iOS device using iOS 10.0 or later and install the update.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #537 on: 30 Aug 2018, 04:01 pm »
HI Folks,

The new version of (IPOD) Rigelian is now available on the Apple Store

http://www.rigelian.net/

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator