BDP-1/2 Recommended Interfaces

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BDP-1/2 Recommended Interfaces
« Reply #480 on: 14 Feb 2015, 11:06 pm »
Hi Marius

Have you tried connecting with the IP address rather than the bryston-bdp-1.local

james

Marius

« Reply #481 on: 15 Feb 2015, 08:08 am »
HI James,
no, not yet, will do so immediately.
on the other hand, it does find the bp, and shows cover-art of already indexed albums. Will try anyhow, and you know the result.
[edit]
yes, i did James, but it still disconnects, too bd really, seems a very nice interface, with lots of extra's. Hope the Bryston team will have a look and find a fix for this.

Cheers,
Marius

Hi Marius

Have you tried connecting with the IP address rather than the bryston-bdp-1.local

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #482 on: 15 Feb 2015, 12:13 pm »
HI James,
no, not yet, will do so immediately.
on the other hand, it does find the bp, and shows cover-art of already indexed albums. Will try anyhow, and you know the result.
[edit]
yes, i did James, but it still disconnects, too bd really, seems a very nice interface, with lots of extra's. Hope the Bryston team will have a look and find a fix for this.

Cheers,
Marius

Seems to work OK for me on my MAC desktop system.

james

Marius

« Reply #483 on: 15 Feb 2015, 01:45 pm »
HI James,

this is what i get frequently:

wifi and lan.

it is the correct port isn't it? 6600

Marius

Seems to work OK for me on my MAC desktop system.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #484 on: 15 Feb 2015, 02:54 pm »
Heres my setup

Marius

« Reply #485 on: 15 Feb 2015, 02:59 pm »
thanks James,
seems identical to mine... other than the 2 of course  :cry:

maybe it has to do with the amount of music, ill remove my usb drives for testing purposes this evening.

it has definitely got to do with the Folders view on Cantata. The other views show and work fine as far as i can tell up to now. Whenever i click on Folders, the connection breaks. (adding to that, i had the LL interface open , and clicking on Folders resulted in  an empty folder view in LL, bringing it back, leaving the Folderview in Cantata  :scratch: :scratch:)

Cheers!
Marius

Heres my setup

Marius

« Reply #486 on: 16 Feb 2015, 12:49 pm »
well, that didnt help. disconnecting the usb drives still didn't help Cantata to keep the connection in folders view. Moreover, that effort results in even stranger display of squares in LL:

love the internet-stream functionality though, what a breeze , and completeness is super!
Marius

thanks James,
seems identical to mine... other than the 2 of course  :cry:

maybe it has to do with the amount of music, ill remove my usb drives for testing purposes this evening.

it has definitely got to do with the Folders view on Cantata. The other views show and work fine as far as i can tell up to now. Whenever i click on Folders, the connection breaks. (adding to that, i had the LL interface open , and clicking on Folders resulted in  an empty folder view in LL, bringing it back, leaving the Folderview in Cantata  :scratch: :scratch:)

Cheers!
Marius

R. Daneel

« Reply #487 on: 10 Mar 2015, 12:55 pm »
Hi fellas!

Which app would you recommend for a Samsung Galaxy phone to control the BDP? I am looking for something that is easy to set up and simple to use.

Thanks for any advice!
Antun

ttsto

« Reply #488 on: 10 Mar 2015, 09:31 pm »
MPDroid for me, works great
I wrote on page 17 of this thread about my experience

R. Daneel

« Reply #489 on: 19 Mar 2015, 12:05 pm »
MPDroid for me, works great
I wrote on page 17 of this thread about my experience

Thank you!

It is very helpful!

Cheers!  :thumb:
Antun

stereoclub

« Reply #490 on: 29 May 2015, 10:19 am »
Recently Google stopped supporting MPDroid or any other MPD apps, and I cannot use android to control BDP-1 with this app, I had it installed but now it doesn't load image albums etc... What other app you suggest, for android control?
Thanks

Krutsch

« Reply #491 on: 3 Jun 2015, 05:15 am »
Not sure what you mean by "stopped supporting"; it's still on the Google Play Store and I've downloaded it onto my Samsung Note 4. Works just fine.

Note that you can use the Manic Moose web app to manage your BDP and MPDroid for music playback at the same time. Try creating a home screen shortcut for the web app location; works great as a quick way to load the app.

stereoclub

« Reply #492 on: 5 Jun 2015, 07:02 am »
Not sure what you mean by "stopped supporting"; it's still on the Google Play Store and I've downloaded it onto my Samsung Note 4. Works just fine.

I read some news that Google Play will not support anymore MPDroid, but seems to be delayed (see link below). However recently MPDroid is not downloading any album images from the web, until now it worked fine. I thought it is because of this lack of support by Google. I don't store album images on local drive, I used to let the app download them from the web. This feature is not working anymore. This is my issue.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2o7ib2/google_has_threatened_to_remove_the_opensource/

Thank you

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #493 on: 5 Jun 2015, 11:22 am »
I used to use MPDroid and was quite happy with it.

Once the Manic Moose firmware came out, I just switched to that web interface. It's pretty darn good.

Krutsch

« Reply #494 on: 5 Jun 2015, 04:11 pm »
I read some news that Google Play will not support anymore MPDroid, but seems to be delayed (see link below). However recently MPDroid is not downloading any album images from the web, until now it worked fine. I thought it is because of this lack of support by Google. I don't store album images on local drive, I used to let the app download them from the web. This feature is not working anymore. This is my issue.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2o7ib2/google_has_threatened_to_remove_the_opensource/

Thank you

That whole discussion was from 6 months ago and it had to do with the use of the word "droid" in the name, IIRC.

drummermitchell

« Reply #495 on: 31 Jul 2015, 01:21 am »
Well well well,got me BDP-2 back with the new card installed.
She does sound way more open than the ol card.
Could it be as I haven't had her here for a few weeks,NO it sounds way to obvious,somebody mentoned before a veil being lifted off and I will agree 1000%.
reminds me when I had my BCD-1,music opened up big time( I miss her a tad)not like my BDP though.
For 500,as far as I'm concerned do the upgrade as it's too obvious not to hear the improvements.
I guess I's happy and especially to have her  back.
A couple of weeks is not enough for my memory to go sour as have been doing music for 47+ yrs so yes you hear the difference.
Pull the curtain back and be Entertained :thumb:.
THX to MIKE and AudioArk.

Phil

« Reply #496 on: 20 Aug 2015, 03:49 am »
The Bryston media player interface on my iMac suddenly stopped working.   Music can be selected (right hand side of interface) and then appears in the left hand panel, but nothing happens when "play" is chosen.  The front panel of the the BDP1 shows the song and the pause symbol.  But the problem is intermittent - sometimes it works, sometimes not.  Can't figure out what makes a difference in how it operates. 

Any thoughts about how to get it back to its old consistent self?  The problem was occurring before updating the firmware to the latest version.
MPD:  18.21  Firmware:  S2.11  2015 - 06 - 19     iMac OS = 10.10.5. 

The network is fine (my Touch works); internet connection is fine.   :scratch:

Thanks for any suggestions. 

Mag

« Reply #497 on: 20 Aug 2015, 04:35 am »
Have you tried resetting the Network settings on BDP or the default setting?

Phil

« Reply #498 on: 20 Aug 2015, 01:29 pm »
Have you tried resetting the Network settings on BDP or the default setting?

Thanks.  From the Network Interface, the BDP finds the network, but checking Static, for example (I use a static address on my router), and then "apply" seems to do nothing.  When I return to the menu item, neither DHCP or Static are remain checked.  This has been normal operation and never a problem previously. 

When the BDP operates normally, the front panel indicates a "N" after it has completed initialization.  When it does not work normally, it gets stuck on "Media player ready."  After using the "clear" command, the front panel shows a "stop" symbol (solid square). 
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2015, 02:44 pm by Phil »

Dave Jameson

« Reply #499 on: 20 Aug 2015, 05:28 pm »
Hi Phil,

Apologies if you've mentioned this before in the forum but how are you accessing your music library? Over NAS or via USB hard drive? If NAS, what brand are you using and have you logged into the NAS web browser to see if all the drives are working 100%? Same could be true for your USB hard drive. DO you have a thumb drive that you could test and confirm that it's having the same problem?

And lastly, I've been using a BDP1-USB (same processor as the BDP1) with the latest beta build on it which has been fantastically reliable with a large data base of music read from a NAS. Perhaps James Tanner will chime in and give you his blessing to try the beta build? It's super easy to revert to S2.16 in the event that the beta doesn't work so well.

Thanks,
DJ