Omnia platform feedback

patmania

Omnia platform feedback
« on: 9 Aug 2022, 11:11 am »
Hi staff,

Is there a process to get user feedback to the developers of the Omnia platform and app? I have sent feedback via the app in the past but nothing has been addressed yet. I am running the software on a WR-1. My main concern actually has to do with simple internet radio listening, where meta data never get updated. For example if you start a channel at 9 am while playing Queen, it keeps showing Queen for the whole day. Simple to reproduce by every user i suppose.

In all honesty, i have moved the WR-1 to my office, and am running a Sonos connect for serious listening now, because it is so much more convenient. Also, in these days of streaming and all, it's really surprising (in a bad way) to see hardly any software updates for this platform.

Thanks for the attention!

rustydoglim

Re: Omnia platform feedback
« Reply #1 on: 9 Aug 2022, 04:37 pm »
The developer of the App is LinkPlay, which supplies the majority of the high-end and consumer audio companies. The priority is the support of streaming services and their expanding hires format. They just completed Amazon HD and doing testing. Internet radio is not the priority, but you can provide your feedback here, and I will summarise and give feedback to them.

The app and firmware have been updated many times in the past year to support the additional hi-res streaming formats.

patmania

« Reply #2 on: 9 Aug 2022, 06:32 pm »
Thanks for the reply. My firmware is 4.6.415... from last April. The app seems to be the latest version too.

The issue is that internet radio never updates the meta data of what's being played. Based on your remark about the developer, i have tried two other apps they have built for other companies, but they are showing the same problem. So it's either an issue in the foundation of their app software or the firmware on the devices they support.

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2022, 02:45 pm »
Usually when we push them hard enough, they will schedule the fix in their development queue.

Lukeb

« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2022, 09:58 am »
Good morning everyone,
Talking about Omnia software, when will it be available the release that support for Mqa audio format? (I’m a stream mini owner)
Thanks in advance

Luca

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2022, 07:40 am »
I think MQA support is the next one in line. Amazon HD support was just completed and under testing (not yet available in the app store).

RooX

« Reply #6 on: 29 Dec 2022, 02:07 pm »
Regarding the omnia app (android) is there not a way to have the app display a notification of track with a forward/back/pause button?  Not sure if I'm missing how to enable that function. Every music app I've had in the last decade on a phone has had basic functionality in the notification shade.

Currently to just change a track forward I need to open the app and deal with it from there.

rustydoglim

« Reply #7 on: 29 Dec 2022, 06:22 pm »
The Omnia app was designed for streaming and the concept of track forward/backward/pause is for CD player.
You can create playlist which is similar to tracks.

RooX

« Reply #8 on: 29 Dec 2022, 10:01 pm »
The Omnia app was designed for streaming and the concept of track forward/backward/pause is for CD player.
You can create playlist which is similar to tracks.

I get that,  and I do,  but to skip tracks within a Playlist even is a huge chore compared to any other music app I use/ have used. Instead of just pulling your notification shade down,  you still have to open the app again,  click device,  click the now playing,  then change tracks, then leave the app back to what your doing. It's kinda convoluted.

Vs Spotify connect:  pull down notification shade,  click next song.

Let alone checking to see title/ album or anything. Seems kind of a big omission