Core Power Technologies Equi=Core 2400 20 amp balanced power conditione

artofaudio

Hello,

I just added an Equi=Core 2400 to my system. Please share your experience with Equi=Core power conditioners.  I don't have speakers yet.   :cry:

artofaudio

@jwtrace - The one I have looks nothing like that. I don't think they are the same company.  The 2400 comes from Underwood Hi Fi.

JDUBS

@jwtrace - The one I have looks nothing like that. I don't think they are the same company.  The 2400 comes from Underwood Hi Fi.

Its pretty much the same thing but with a smaller transformer.

Also, you bought a power conditioner before speakers??

jjss49

"you bought a power conditioner before speakers??"

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

artofaudio

There are many positive reviews from reviewers that I respect.  I guess the reviewers at Tone Audio, Stereo Times, Positive Feedback, Part Time Audiophile that gave these products great reviews are just idiots. Have fun with Audio Science replacing your ears.  :rotflmao:

I'm pretty confident it will do what it is designed to do.  As far as purchasing it before speakers, I'm not worried about that.  All I asked was if anyone has any "personal" experience with the 2400 model on this forum.  I can find a negative review for just about anything.  Just saying....

dpatters

You have to build the foundation before the house. I see nothing wrong with getting power and cabling etc., correct before adding the endpoints.

Don P.

Randy

I had an Equi-Tech "balanced" power conditioner some 20 years ago.  It did absolutely nothing as far as improving the sonics of my system, and yes, it weighed a ton, 60 - 70 pounds.  No idea what was inside. Just a bunch of useless electronics as far as I was concerned.

I now have a Core Power Technologies "Deep Core" unit that doesn't do much either.

Mr. Big

From designers: Using a balanced conditioner is a crapshoot, #1 reason is you or they cannot say how it will interact with the power supply of any given product including TVs. In my personal experience they screw up the balance of the gear connect, yes, it sounded different that was a given. but the music was stripped of tone, weight, and color, which is what a good power supply does the better it is.  2nd when the gear is designed and power supplies are designed it was not with balanced AC it was designed to use the normal AC that comes out of our electrical system. Like all things, though you might enjoy the sound of your system with a balanced conditioner, and that is OK, but the 3 I tried all had a negative effect overall on my audio and even video systems.

RPM123

I now have a Core Power Technologies "Deep Core" unit that doesn't do much either.
[/quote]

Interesting! The "Deep Core" removed DC and the associated transformer hum from my Equi=Core and my amp. If you don't have any DC in your lines then it won't be as effective. I also found that the "Contour Control" made quite a noticeable difference in the sound. I kept it in the far right position for a better bass response. In addition, the unit offers surge protection.

artofaudio

I also have a WireWorld Spaceport which is pretty good.  I tested it with some cheap Klipsch bookshelf speakers and my system sounded clearer with the Spaceport.  Of course the real test will be with the Salk BEATS when they arrive.  I'm a huge fan of the Isotek Aquarius though. 

genjamon

I have the 1500 model from before Underwood was selling them.  Luckily, I got mine just before Mark Schifter started dropping orders like a bad habit.  In stock form, it outperformed a SurgeX unit I had bought from Zenwave - with all top end Furutech NCF outlets.  Which in turn had out-performed an Uberbuss unit.  After I replaced the outlets in the Core Power unit to NCF outlets, it was even better.  But I had a little bit of ground loop hum in the system.  Then I rewired the internal connections to the outlets to Duelund wire of equal lengths.  It was originally wired between the four outlets in a daisy-chain configuration, which I assumed was leading to slightly different ground potentials between outlets.  The re-wiring did indeed reduce ground loop hum in the system. 

What the Core Power brought to the table was an overall lower noise floor allowing greater micro-detail, while at the same time creating warmer, more fleshed-out tonal colors.  Basically the opposite of what some recent posters here have heard in their systems.  YMMV, I guess...  But I have another close buddy in the hobby that also bought one of these, and we heard the same effects in our two different systems, and across multiple system changes since then.  I don't think we're wild outliers here.