Good things come to those who wait

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
Good things come to those who wait
« on: 16 Jul 2021, 01:47 pm »
So I just picked up a nice fancy GR Research power cord last week. While I know it has been said it needs burn in time to sound great I must say I couldn't wait to listen and really just right out of the box that thing is damn good. Even on my budget setup you can hear more weight and body to the music while still having more delicate detail come out clearly. Like a boxer doing ballet. Not that you guys need your reputation boasted anymore but seriously guys that is nice work on that. I'm really looking forward to how it sounds after some time on it.  :thumb:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Good things come to those who wait
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2021, 03:43 pm »
Yeah, Jason brought over a few he'd made to try out on my system a few months ago.  After about 20 seconds it was clear that I would be re-wiring my entire system with the new power cables.  Incredible sounding.

JakeJ

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2021, 04:41 pm »
Are you speaking of the B-16 advertised on the GR Research website?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2021, 05:53 pm »
There's also a B-24 version that's currently in development. Been getting good feedback on them so far.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #4 on: 16 Jul 2021, 05:55 pm »
Yes I was speaking of the B16 on the website. Solid upgrade that is well worth the $ invented.

E-Zee

• Industry Participant
    • Diy speaker resources and crossover assembly services
« Reply #5 on: 16 Jul 2021, 06:58 pm »
I had the opportunity to put together a power cord with the 16strand cable and ran it for 5 minutes on a 2-channel amplifier before shipping it out to customer.  I switched back and forth a couple times and was pleasantly surprised at the improvement I heard.   I definitely felt that the sound improved specifically as volume output increased.  I'd be really interested in comparing a new one vs one with a couple hundred hours of use on it.  I'm another voice of support for quality cable. 

ezeescrossovers.com