surround help

stupac62

surround help
« on: 14 Jul 2021, 08:39 pm »
I'm very new to all of this and have been researching. So don't presume I know anything haha.

I'm looking to build out a home theatre. The end goal is a 7.2.4 setup. But I'm going to grow into it by going 5.1 first.  I was thinking X-CS encore for center channel, but am not sure if I should go with X-MTM or X-SLS for left and right channel?

Here is what I'm thinking for my initial 5.1 setup:
  • center: x-cs
  • left/right: x-mtm or x-sls?
  • surround: the mini

For the eventual 7.2.4 setup:
  • center: same as above
  • left/right: same as above
  • all surrounds and rears: x-ls
  • height: the mini

Are X-LS encores the right choice for surrounds in me end goal setup? Also, I'm not sure about the height speakers at all. Thanks.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
Re: surround help
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2021, 10:08 pm »
I would suggest X-CS Encore for the front three channels.

NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2021, 12:32 am »
I'm pretty much in the same market, except I'm using NX STUDIO'S up front. Open for suggestions for Rear channel speakers for initially starting out with a 5.1 HT arrangement, eventually changing to a 7.2 configuration. Open to suggestions too!  Thanks

I'm very new to all of this and have been researching. So don't presume I know anything haha.

I'm looking to build out a home theatre. The end goal is a 7.2.4 setup. But I'm going to grow into it by going 5.1 first.  I was thinking X-CS encore for center channel, but am not sure if I should go with X-MTM or X-SLS for left and right channel?

Here is what I'm thinking for my initial 5.1 setup:
  • center: x-cs
  • left/right: x-mtm or x-sls?
  • surround: the mini

For the eventual 7.2.4 setup:
  • center: same as above
  • left/right: same as above
  • all surrounds and rears: x-ls
  • height: the mini

Are X-LS encores the right choice for surrounds in me end goal setup? Also, I'm not sure about the height speakers at all. Thanks.

hawkeyejw

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2021, 12:56 am »
If you are going with the X-CS center I’d recommend the X-MTM since it uses the exact same drivers and won’t require stands.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2021, 01:38 am »
The MTM towers also can play much lower than the sealed X-CS cabinets are capable of.

stupac62

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 2021, 03:58 am »
Thanks all for the feedback. I think I'll go for the MTMs for the left/right channel.