XLS - Macro

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: XLS - Macro
« Reply #20 on: 5 Jul 2021, 10:58 pm »
Are drawings, dimensions, flat packs around for “The Best Speaker Stand” ?

That is precisely what I need to complement my NX Studios AND my modest stereo room.

Not that I'm aware, but once we know they're when the current shipment is arriving im sure I can get some drawn up if need be.  :thumb:

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: 6 Jul 2021, 04:10 am »
Not that I'm aware, but once we know they're when the current shipment is arriving im sure I can get some drawn up if need be.  :thumb:

I have a copy of the PDF. Danny should have one. If not I'll send it to you.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: 6 Jul 2021, 11:54 am »
Ahh cool, Thanks Mike, I'll ask him about it once we know they're about to arrive. :thumb:

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
« Reply #23 on: 7 Jul 2021, 12:07 am »
This is exactly what I am looking for. So we will be waiting for these.
Its such a good idea for me and my space. I was going to use 4 parts express 1cu ft blank front box with 8" woofers and stack 2 of them per stand.
But I like this design a lot. It will be awhile before I would need them. I currently am waiting on my mini kit and once that is done then I want to build a set set of XLS Encore's.

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #24 on: 7 Jul 2021, 02:23 am »
This is exactly what I am looking for. So we will be waiting for these.
Its such a good idea for me and my space. I was going to use 4 parts express 1cu ft blank front box with 8" woofers and stack 2 of them per stand.
But I like this design a lot. It will be awhile before I would need them. I currently am waiting on my mini kit and once that is done then I want to build a set set of XLS Encore's.

Let's hope Hobbs has some pull and we are building the XLS Encore Macros. No pressure Hobbs.  :lol: :lol: :thumb:

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #25 on: 9 Jul 2021, 04:40 am »
Hey Hobbs
I saw you commenting on yesterday's live stream with Ron and Danny. Danny mentioned a new 8 inch driver on its way. Don't forget this little request for an XLS- Macro. :)

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #26 on: 9 Jul 2021, 04:46 am »
Well, I remember him taking about an 8" NQ woofer and the return of the 8" servo subs...

Not sure about any plans for an 8" X-series woofer tho.

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #27 on: 9 Jul 2021, 04:50 am »
Well, I remember him taking about an 8" NQ woofer and the return of the 8" servo subs...

That's where you come in. :) Keep prodding him.  :lol:

RonP

« Reply #28 on: 9 Jul 2021, 12:58 pm »

is it ready yet? :lol:

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #29 on: 19 Jul 2021, 07:51 am »
 :lol: So Hobbs is it ready yet?  :popcorn:

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #30 on: 30 Jul 2021, 12:52 am »
Sadly, I dont know more than that yet.

But for smaller rooms, the 8" subs are fantastic option.

Not sure about any plans for an actual 8" X-LS style driver, but I have seen a this 8" Peerless by Tymphany driver on PE that might be suitable.
https://www.parts-express.com/Peerless-830667-8-Paper-Cone-SLS-Subwoofer-264-1102

Its definitely an interesting idea tho!

Hey Hobbs if I got one of these 8 inch drivers and sent it to you do you think you guys could test it for a cross over and new cabinet design? Down the road you could offer it as an upgrade crossover like the Klipsch etc etc.

SC

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #31 on: 30 Jul 2021, 01:20 am »
Possibly? But that's something youll have to ask Danny about.
We definitely do custom crossovers for people who send in custom built speakers. Including industry guys now and then.
I think weve done two in the last week? A 6' tall T-line sort of speaker and a rather interesting bookshelf.

But I know Danny prefers to have a fully assembled box sent rather than just drivers.

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #32 on: 30 Jul 2021, 02:03 am »
Possibly? But that's something youll have to ask Danny about.
We definitely do custom crossovers for people who send in custom built speakers. Including industry guys now and then.
I think weve done two in the last week? A 6' tall T-line sort of speaker and a rather interesting bookshelf.

But I know Danny prefers to have a fully assembled box sent rather than just drivers.

Thanks Hobbs. Yeah I know he prefers an assembled speaker but it is expensive to send from OZ where as a driver isn't  that bad and I was thinking he may have a few Encores lying around he could try it in.  :wink:
Thanks anyway.

I don't want to add to the flood of emails so can you point him to this thread. Cheers Hobbs.

SC

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #33 on: 8 Aug 2021, 11:44 pm »
Thanks Hobbs. Yeah I know he prefers an assembled speaker but it is expensive to send from OZ where as a driver isn't  that bad and I was thinking he may have a few Encores lying around he could try it in.  :wink:
Thanks anyway.

I don't want to add to the flood of emails so can you point him to this thread. Cheers Hobbs.

SC

Parts express should have these woofers in soon Hobbs. What do you think?

SC

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #34 on: 9 Aug 2021, 12:58 am »
You'll need to shoot him an email to get his thoughts.

I'd imagine he knows more about that model woofer.

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #35 on: 9 Aug 2021, 01:04 am »
You'll need to shoot him an email to get his thoughts.

I'd imagine he knows more about that model woofer.

Yep I have done that today too. :) He may have to sort through the hundreds of emails though. ;)

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #36 on: 12 Aug 2021, 06:53 am »
Yep I have done that today too. :) He may have to sort through the hundreds of emails though. ;)

Unfortunately Danny has said no go for an 8 inch version. :( The driver I was looking to get is not suitable either for the bookshelf size box or in efficiency It would make it 83db etc.

So looks like the XLS - Macro is a dead duck.

SC

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #37 on: 12 Aug 2021, 02:33 pm »
RIP

Bakpayn

• Classic Rock Rules,Blues,Tenors some Jazz
« Reply #38 on: 12 Aug 2021, 06:23 pm »
I like the look of how compact the speakers are. Nice

Speaker Challenged