XLS - Macro

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: XLS - Macro
« Reply #20 on: 5 Jul 2021, 10:58 pm »
Are drawings, dimensions, flat packs around for “The Best Speaker Stand” ?

That is precisely what I need to complement my NX Studios AND my modest stereo room.

Not that I'm aware, but once we know they're when the current shipment is arriving im sure I can get some drawn up if need be.  :thumb:

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: 6 Jul 2021, 04:10 am »
Not that I'm aware, but once we know they're when the current shipment is arriving im sure I can get some drawn up if need be.  :thumb:

I have a copy of the PDF. Danny should have one. If not I'll send it to you.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: 6 Jul 2021, 11:54 am »
Ahh cool, Thanks Mike, I'll ask him about it once we know they're about to arrive. :thumb:

wgraft5

« Reply #23 on: 7 Jul 2021, 12:07 am »
This is exactly what I am looking for. So we will be waiting for these.
Its such a good idea for me and my space. I was going to use 4 parts express 1cu ft blank front box with 8" woofers and stack 2 of them per stand.
But I like this design a lot. It will be awhile before I would need them. I currently am waiting on my mini kit and once that is done then I want to build a set set of XLS Encore's.

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #24 on: 7 Jul 2021, 02:23 am »
This is exactly what I am looking for. So we will be waiting for these.
Its such a good idea for me and my space. I was going to use 4 parts express 1cu ft blank front box with 8" woofers and stack 2 of them per stand.
But I like this design a lot. It will be awhile before I would need them. I currently am waiting on my mini kit and once that is done then I want to build a set set of XLS Encore's.

Let's hope Hobbs has some pull and we are building the XLS Encore Macros. No pressure Hobbs.  :lol: :lol: :thumb:

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #25 on: 9 Jul 2021, 04:40 am »
Hey Hobbs
I saw you commenting on yesterday's live stream with Ron and Danny. Danny mentioned a new 8 inch driver on its way. Don't forget this little request for an XLS- Macro. :)

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #26 on: 9 Jul 2021, 04:46 am »
Well, I remember him taking about an 8" NQ woofer and the return of the 8" servo subs...

Not sure about any plans for an 8" X-series woofer tho.

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #27 on: 9 Jul 2021, 04:50 am »
Well, I remember him taking about an 8" NQ woofer and the return of the 8" servo subs...

That's where you come in. :) Keep prodding him.  :lol:

RonP

« Reply #28 on: 9 Jul 2021, 12:58 pm »

is it ready yet? :lol:

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #29 on: 19 Jul 2021, 07:51 am »
 :lol: So Hobbs is it ready yet?  :popcorn:

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #30 on: 30 Jul 2021, 12:52 am »
Sadly, I dont know more than that yet.

But for smaller rooms, the 8" subs are fantastic option.

Not sure about any plans for an actual 8" X-LS style driver, but I have seen a this 8" Peerless by Tymphany driver on PE that might be suitable.
https://www.parts-express.com/Peerless-830667-8-Paper-Cone-SLS-Subwoofer-264-1102

Its definitely an interesting idea tho!

Hey Hobbs if I got one of these 8 inch drivers and sent it to you do you think you guys could test it for a cross over and new cabinet design? Down the road you could offer it as an upgrade crossover like the Klipsch etc etc.

SC

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #31 on: 30 Jul 2021, 01:20 am »
Possibly? But that's something youll have to ask Danny about.
We definitely do custom crossovers for people who send in custom built speakers. Including industry guys now and then.
I think weve done two in the last week? A 6' tall T-line sort of speaker and a rather interesting bookshelf.

But I know Danny prefers to have a fully assembled box sent rather than just drivers.

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #32 on: 30 Jul 2021, 02:03 am »
Possibly? But that's something youll have to ask Danny about.
We definitely do custom crossovers for people who send in custom built speakers. Including industry guys now and then.
I think weve done two in the last week? A 6' tall T-line sort of speaker and a rather interesting bookshelf.

But I know Danny prefers to have a fully assembled box sent rather than just drivers.

Thanks Hobbs. Yeah I know he prefers an assembled speaker but it is expensive to send from OZ where as a driver isn't  that bad and I was thinking he may have a few Encores lying around he could try it in.  :wink:
Thanks anyway.

I don't want to add to the flood of emails so can you point him to this thread. Cheers Hobbs.

SC