X-voce where to buy

musicgeek

X-voce where to buy
« on: 30 Jun 2021, 01:46 am »
Hello! I've never heard a GR Research speaker but I've read a lot about them. I'm looking for a center channel speaker and the x-voce popped up. It is a bit larger than I was looking at, but I was also excited to possibly get a speaker designed by Danny Richie.

Couple questions:
Is it possible to buy this speaker built? I don't have the time to take on another project. If so, where?

How will it sound if I'm forced to place it just 2' from the back wall?
In an open shelf?

Thank you!

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: X-voce where to buy
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2021, 02:34 am »
You can occasionally find some here on AC in the trading/selling circle, on ebay, and occasionally other online resellers.
Danny also still has 3 in the Rosa color that looks sorta like this:

(Another AV-123 model)

They're going for $250+ shipping.
They'll also probably need new screws for the drivers, cuz one we sold recently had some ugly looking screws that needed to be replaced. But we can throw those in free of charge.

It might sound a little congested, esp in the mid-range but should still be pretty solid overall. But will really sing once given a little more breathing room.
(I'd also recommend taking off the front grills, but thats just me)

musicgeek

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jun 2021, 02:53 am »
Oh that sounds fantastic! Where can I place the order?

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jun 2021, 03:43 am »
Oh that sounds fantastic! Where can I place the order?

Give GR a call

Theronbo

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jun 2021, 03:48 am »
Mine is 3 1/2’ from the wall… & sounds significantly different from when it was 6” from the wall…

It is a large speaker… 3’ wide foot high & 18” deep…

It’s an open baffle speaker … at lest for midrange… which is why it should be placed so far from the wall.

hawkeyejw

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jun 2021, 09:23 am »
$250 is a smoking deal for that speaker and those AV123 cabinets were finished beautifully as well. Musicgeek, will it be 2’ from the back of the speaker or from the front baffle? The 3’ is from the front baffle so if you are able to have the entire speaker 2’ from the wall you’re fine.

Shives

• I like French fries
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jun 2021, 12:49 pm »
Hobbs… My Voce has feelings! Gezzz lol. It knows it’s fuzzy!

This is simple. Call Hobbs or Danny. I don’t know if I should be using Hobbs name.. but Yea call Hobbs!

Listen, I spent 3 weeks scouring the net. Looking. I found a couple used, people wanted 500.00 for! So, shot in the dark. couple people here send me a link… I think Hawkeye did once  say “Danny still has assembled Voce’s”

Selling a assembled Voce at 250.00 made me want to buy out the last 3 and add 100.00 cause if you really add up the drivers and parts.. I think 250 is under cost. And anyone who’s looking!! I don’t even care if you were looking for a flat pack (sorry Killian) till these are gone.. You wanted black, paint the Rosa. Lolol. It’s a heck of a deal, and Danny I bet would love the space for new items.

So, get your Voce today!  Mine should be here tomorrow! Excited! So, it’s amazing… and sad. I am using my Klipsch center right now till this comes in. The center has been upgraded with everything you can! I will say, holy shit! These Statiks make everything sound better. The OB just opened up in the room. It’s something to get used to! I can’t WAIT to see what these 3 sound like together! My front sound stage will actually be! A hybrid center half OB and half sealed. Yes please.

Anyways… I thought I made a post about the last 3 remaining.. Go get it!