M3 Sapphire Veneer variations

Mock Tender

M3 Sapphire Veneer variations
« on: 17 Jun 2021, 04:38 pm »
I know wood veneer come in subtle and not so subtle variances.  I was hoping for something closer to the pictures on Spatials website. Instead, I got

Not that they are ugly- just not all that close to the photos that are on Spatials site.  So those ordering something for you to keep in mind.

Mock 

Mock Tender

Re: M3 Sapphire Veneer variations
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2021, 06:30 pm »
Should have mentioned that they are the Sepele.

Johnny_Fi

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2021, 11:35 pm »
Are you happy with them?

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2021, 12:52 am »
I know wood veneer come in subtle and not so subtle variances.  I was hoping for something closer to the pictures on Spatials website. Instead, I got

Not that they are ugly- just not all that close to the photos that are on Spatials site.  So those ordering something for you to keep in mind.

Mock
Hmm, one looks different than the other, could be the lighting. Mine are in Sepele as well and seem to be darker

kayakerf

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jun 2021, 02:38 pm »
Sapele darkens over time unless there is a finish or protective coating that prevents the oxidation - and provided they don't get direct sunlight that could bleach/lighten them further.

Mock Tender

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jun 2021, 09:05 pm »
No, I am not really happy with them.  Since I bought them for the sound- I would not send them back because of that.  On the other hand, I do have to look at them.  Based on all the pictures I had seen, they all looked like Audiosaurusrex.  More vibrant usually than his and like his all seemed to be matched.  The colors you see in my pictures are very accurate.  The others speakers I saw looked liked matched veneers.  These look quite different from one another.  Again- this is more of a "just so you guys know".  I would not send them back because of the veneer.

sunnydaze

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jun 2021, 09:29 pm »
Looks to me like the top third is lighter than the bottom two thirds.  If it's actually like that, and not just the lighting in the room, it would bother me a bit......especially if bought brand new!  And I'm not super anal about my audio gear.

kingdeezie

« Reply #7 on: 20 Jun 2021, 10:32 pm »
Have you contacted Clayton about the issue? He might be able to offer a solution.

529proaudio

« Reply #8 on: 26 Jun 2021, 02:47 am »
Tell Clayton to sell these to me as b-stock!   :D

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #9 on: 26 Jun 2021, 02:24 pm »
No, I am not really happy with them.  Since I bought them for the sound- I would not send them back because of that.  On the other hand, I do have to look at them.  Based on all the pictures I had seen, they all looked like Audiosaurusrex.  More vibrant usually than his and like his all seemed to be matched.  The colors you see in my pictures are very accurate.  The others speakers I saw looked liked matched veneers.  These look quite different from one another.  Again- this is more of a "just so you guys know".  I would not send them back because of the veneer.
Mock
If they actually look like your pictures, I would have an issue with them. IMO it’s okay if they were lighter as long as they match. Surprised they left Claytons shop like that.