T.H.E. Show 2021 !!!

CIAudio

T.H.E. Show 2021 !!!
« on: 1 Jun 2021, 09:01 pm »
Just want to let you all know the person who runs T.H.E. Show (Maurice Jung) is a total scumbag!

We planned to exhibit at the 2020 show but it was cancelled due to Covid. For the last year we've been trying to get our deposit back with no luck... just the run-around and hours of wasted time. He finally agreed to return our funds only if would sign a lengthy nondisclosure agreement that prevents us from telling anyone about the way we were treated. Being a man of principle, I'd rather lose my money and share my experience with the audio community (both vendors and attendees).

I've supported this show from the beginning, exhibiting many times in Las Vegas and then Newport when under the direction of the late Richard Beers. Richard was a true gentleman and created T.H.E. Show specifically for consumers as CES was only open to manufacturers and retailers. I know Richard would be deeply saddened to see what has happened to his baby.

I hope those of you who read this will support the shows that really care about the industry, attendees, and exhibitors such as the upcoming RMAF and Pacific Audio Fest! Let's get rid of the scumbags who drag our love for music and high performance audio into the gutter.
« Last Edit: 2 Jun 2021, 04:27 am by CIAudio »

CIAudio

Re: T.H.E. Show 2021 !!!
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun 2021, 10:11 pm »
Just after this post, I heard from two other exhibitors who got screwed... I'm sure i'll hear from more! 

If you are an exhibitor who lost your money, contact me as several manufacturers are talking about getting together to take legal action.

I'm surprised this show is even happening with only 20 something smaller exhibitors. This show is destined to be the biggest flop ever!
« Last Edit: 2 Jun 2021, 01:43 am by CIAudio »

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
Re: T.H.E. Show 2021 !!!
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jun 2021, 03:48 am »
A quick search indicates that Marriott is having a legal go at this guy as well.  I’d think the audio world is rather small and this kind of exposure will (should) chase the scummy folks out.  I agree, let’s support the good guys and their shows.