The Megaliths open baffle line array speakers

HAL

Re: The Megaliths open baffle line array speakers
« Reply #300 on: 3 Sep 2019, 10:58 am »
Jay,
Maybe some day.

The Megaliths are available to audition.  PM me for details.  They will change your mind about how good a system can sound!  :D

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #301 on: 3 Sep 2019, 01:47 pm »
  Set up an appointment. You will not be disappointed. Hal IMHO is keen on great sound.

charles

Captainhemo

« Reply #302 on: 3 Sep 2019, 03:17 pm »
Jay,
Maybe some day.

The Megaliths are available to audition.  PM me for details.  They will change your mind about how good a system can sound!  :D

I don't  unfortunately see a long trip like that in  my  near future Rich.   However,  Big  Don does get over  that  way at  times, would be cool if one of his trips  takes him close  enough for a listening  session in  "the lab".

Charles,  have no doubt  at  how good it is  :thumb:
jay

HAL

« Reply #303 on: 3 Sep 2019, 05:24 pm »
Charles,
Thanks!

Jay,
Anytime Don is around the area will try to catch up with him.

Rich

HAL

« Reply #304 on: 4 Nov 2019, 05:31 pm »
The 6x12 servo subs are being changed from two HX800-12OB servo amps to four HX300-12OB servo amps.  Slightly less power but the crossover controls match up better for my crossover design. 

Amp #3 just arrived and amp #4 will be ordered soon.  The first two HX300-12OB servo amps are already running the lower 3x12 portion of each 6x12 servo sub.

The two used HX800-12OB servo amps will be available for sale once this is completed. 

HAL

« Reply #305 on: 4 Jan 2020, 08:24 pm »
The last HX300-12OB servo amp is on order from GR-Research and will complete the conversion of the two 6x12 servo subs. 

The used HX800-12OB servo amps are available for sale once it arrives.  I have the original packing for the amps.

HAL

« Reply #306 on: 31 Jan 2020, 09:18 pm »
The four HX300-12OB servo amps are connected to the two 6x12 OB H-Frames.  Working well at this point.    The HX800-12OB's are now with their new owner.

Getting the HX300-12OB amps dialed in with The Megaliths and Magnetar's in the room with the dspMusikLCD crossovers. 

Time for some new measurements and listening. 

Stefan42

« Reply #307 on: 7 Feb 2021, 04:25 am »
Are the megaliths still alive? If yes, I would be interested in the current configuration and options.

Thanks,
Stefan

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #308 on: 7 Feb 2021, 09:25 pm »
Just noticed the name.

Megaliths also specify a specific set of horn designs (Maeshowe, Silbury, Avebury for the Mark Audio drivers).

http://wodendesign.com/MA.html

Some nice megalith pictures too (real ones, not tributes).

dave

HAL

« Reply #309 on: 7 Feb 2021, 09:39 pm »
The Megaliths are alive, but the BG NEO10 planar mids are no longer available to purchase.  I cannot build any other speakers.

I posted about a new planar design called The Magnetar that is in work.  More once I have a production ready baffle.  They will be scalable in size.  Will also need the servo subs for below 200Hz.

Stefan42

« Reply #310 on: 8 Feb 2021, 12:09 am »
Bummer, thanks for the update, I'll take a look at that thread