Epiphany Audio site is up.

Danny Richie

« on: 4 Feb 2004, 10:34 pm »
Some bare bones info, but the site it is up.

http://www.epiphanyaudio.com

And they are seeking dealers.

Jim Griffin

Epiphany Makes the News in Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2004, 10:23 pm »
Danny,

I hope that Epiphany Auido is not the producer of the Epiphany speakers mentioned in the Atlanta area white van speaker investigation.  See this URL:

http://www.wsbtv.com/money/2825532/detail.html

It is a shame that these scammers are still crawling around.  It gives a bad name to the entire audio industry.

Jim

Danny Richie

White Van guys
« Reply #2 on: 6 Feb 2004, 10:39 pm »
No relation at all.

In fact Ken is not happy that they are using his name that he has had for several years now.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 6 Feb 2004, 11:02 pm »
I feel bad that they're trading on a name Ken's presumably been building up for years.  He sure should be able to sue them to change the name, assuming he was using it first.

But the jackass in the news article probably got what he deserved.  He likely thought he was jacking the speaker vendor, so it's poetic justice that he ended up getting crap.  That's how you learn! :lol:

Rocket

hi
« Reply #4 on: 6 Feb 2004, 11:08 pm »
Hi Guys,

Isn't it amazing that this line is used the world over.

I live 4000klms west of sydney (perth) which is a looong way from you in the states.  A friend of mine bought a pair of speaker under the exact same circumstances, i was amazed that he fell for this one.

They haven't tried this scam to my knowledge for a couple of years now in perth.

regards

rod

Rory B.

« Reply #5 on: 20 Feb 2004, 02:29 pm »
Somehow I feel BSed by their sales pitch for their subwoofer. "Too low to measure and too tight and clean to describe"...my foot.

azryan

« Reply #6 on: 20 Feb 2004, 07:50 pm »
"My foot."?

Relax Rory. It's just a marketing line.

It's not total B.S. though. Have you heard the subs? No.

Have I? Yes.

Each sub has dual 18" woofers in a sealed cabinet (of beautiful veneer choices) w/ a 1000 amp and transform circuit to make the subs flat to 20Hz at least.

This does in fact equal incredibly powerful, tight, clean, deep bass that's tough to beat.
Without hearing them you should be able to see that they are damn impressive by design.

It's one thing to dislike any kind of marketing hype (just the nature of business though to have these sort of lines), but it's another to just say it's b.s. as if that's a good enough point.

This isn't Danny/GR's company. He designed the speakers though and that's why he's posting about them.

The GR Alpha is an off-shoot of the Epiphany design process. Now look at the list price of the Epiphany's vs. the Alpha kit and you'll see -"the best example of 'online value' in the business".

How's that for marketing hype? hehe
note -that's my line not GR's.