Now that it's out, anyone have Wolfenstein yet?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 31 May 2003, 01:59 am »
The demo was great and I thought the game showed lots of promise.  But $50 is a lot to shell out unless I'm sure the game is good.  Has anyone got the full version yet?  If so, any first impressions?

My latest purchase was Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance.  Haven't played it yet, but I like RPGs, and BB was selling it for $10! :o

bob82274

« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2003, 08:54 pm »
Iv played the demo a little but havn't done much else with it.   Im picking up GTA: Vice City in a couple of weeks which if you havn't played it or GTA III then you need to go find someone with it.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 1 Jun 2003, 02:02 am »
I don't really have much interest in GTA, or any other driving game, for that matter.  I prefer your Mechwarrior/Ace Combat type games & RPGs, with the occasional round of fighting games.

I did think that Gotham City Racing for the 'box was the best driving game I've ever seen; the graphics just kill anything the P2 can do, and the game lets you rip your own tunes to MP3 on the hard drive to play back as ingame music.  Very cool.

LordCloud

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2003, 06:56 am »
I bought Wolfenstein a week or so ago and traded it in a couple of days ago.  For my $50 it just wasn't very good, or at least anywhere near as good as I thought it was going to be.  The graphics are not very good, the control is nowhere near as good as Halo's, the animation is crappy, the backgrounds are pretty boring, and there is only one multiplayer type that's worth playing, and only one level of that mode.  Overall it just is not the experience it could have been for me. A lot more fun online than offline. Hopefully some of the new FPS that will be coming out in the next few months will be able to fill the void until Halo 2 comes out.  But these are all just my opinions, some people love the game.