Any recommended Hi-Fi stores in the Fort Worth, TX area?

2gumby2

I'll be in Fort Worth next month for a conference. When I travel I like to visit Hi-Fi stores in the area I'm visiting. Any recommended Hi-Fi stores in the Fort Worth area?

arthurs

Re: Any recommended Hi-Fi stores in the Fort Worth, TX area?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2011, 12:14 pm »
I think Marvin Electronics is about it and it's not much to write home about...there are quite a few folks with really nice systems in the area, but stores?  no. :nono:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2 on: 6 Feb 2011, 01:49 pm »
I bought my first real system at Marvin's (lived a block and a half away at the time), B&O three and a half way speakers, a Yamaha CA1000 integrated amp, and a B&O turntable and cartridge.

arthurs

« Reply #3 on: 8 Feb 2011, 02:23 am »
Pardon my lack of Texas hospitality.  If schedules match and you'd like to arrange a listen of my humble room and system, you'd be more than welcome.  I'm sure most guys in the area would extend an invitation if available, it's a pretty good bunch....

2gumby2

« Reply #4 on: 8 Feb 2011, 03:48 am »
Pardon my lack of Texas hospitality.  If schedules match and you'd like to arrange a listen of my humble room and system, you'd be more than welcome.  I'm sure most guys in the area would extend an invitation if available, it's a pretty good bunch....
Thank you for the kind offer.

brj

« Reply #5 on: 24 Feb 2011, 09:08 pm »
There is this list:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=12207.0

I'm not sure if it is still current, but there are some good brands represented on that list, depending on what you're looking for.  I'm no longer a DFW local, so I haven't been maintaining the list.

2gumby2

« Reply #6 on: 25 Feb 2011, 12:54 pm »
There is this list:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=12207.0

I'm not sure if it is still current, but there are some good brands represented on that list, depending on what you're looking for.  I'm no longer a DFW local, so I haven't been maintaining the list.
Thanks for the list. I'd like to find a Magnepan dealer to hear the 1.7s.

arthurs

« Reply #7 on: 25 Feb 2011, 03:21 pm »
Audio Concepts is the only Maggie dealer in the area.  They're in Dallas about a 40 minuute drive from FW, double it for rush hour traffic....