NT Audio Jam and the Dallas Audio Club meeting

3moons

« on: 12 Nov 2004, 02:55 pm »
Thanks again to Ka and Gary for hosting the first two North Texas Audio Jams. By luck or whatever, this seems to be the season for like minded North Texas audio folks in to finally congregate. I invited those at Gary's jam last Saturday to the meeting of my group last night. I formed the Dallas Audio Club in July as an effort to find new (and old) music to add to my collection and share my tastes with others. The first DAC members were DIYers from the Texas Bottlehead Yahoo group. A great group of guys but they only meet in North Texas about twice a year. After inviting the Jam group and the DAC group, my house was filled with 26!!! audio dudes and one poor wife who tried to keep food and drink on the table. I hope a good time was had by all. I certainly enjoyed the bash. So much so that I forgot to take photos till late in the meeting. Photos will be oposted on my DAC Yahoo group later today. Two tube audio systems were in use and a couple of guys brought their DIY tube and speaker projects. The only disappointment was I didn't get a chance to talk a lot with each person. Can't wait for the next music bash. There was one jacket and one cooler left behind. Darn! No one left any CDs or records. A link to the Dallas Audio Club Yahoo group is below.  jim...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dallasaudioclub/

markn

« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2004, 04:40 pm »
Jim,

Thanks for asking the "Jam" guys to your meeting - it was nice to meet some of the other local audio nuts, especially the DIY types!

Thanks for the goodies too, the galic cheese bread was awesome!

Quite a turnout too!

Hope we can keep the interest up.

Mark

brj

« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2004, 05:05 pm »
Now if you can just arrange meetings closer to the Fort Worth side of the metroplex.... :)  (Or have them on weekends.)

Glad to hear the meeting was a success!  I had fun at Gary's last weekend, but despite the generous invite to Thursdays meet, it wasn't feasible for me to trek from West Fort Worth to Northeast Dallas after working late.

So it sounds like the food was good... any comments on the gear?

EDS_

« Reply #3 on: 13 Nov 2004, 03:57 am »
Hey Jim,
Thanks so much for allowing me to intrude last evening.
I enjoyed both systems very much.  
Your Texas hospitality will not be forgotten.

See you next time,
Ed