Thank you, Clayton.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
Thank you, Clayton.
« on: 3 Jul 2023, 11:39 pm »
 As times change I think back to meeting Clayton at an RMAF a few years back and after listening to his speaker talk I bought the first of several pairs of Spatial Audio speakers.  At the time I was playing around with Lowthers in OBs and Clayton made so much sense when he said something simple like the fact that he had learned a lot in years of OB speaker design.  I realized I could no way equal his designs with my home-brew things.  Thanks, Clayton, for sending me in the right direction.

Mr. Big

Re: Thank you, Clayton.
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jul 2023, 11:53 pm »
As times change I think back to meeting Clayton at an RMAF a few years back and after listening to his speaker talk I bought the first of several pairs of Spatial Audio speakers.  At the time I was playing around with Lowthers in OBs and Clayton made so much sense when he said something simple like the fact that he had learned a lot in years of OB speaker design.  I realized I could no way equal his designs with my home-brew things.  Thanks, Clayton, for sending me in the right direction.

Clayton was upfront, honest, and knowledgeable. My Sapphire M3s continue to impress after 2 years of use, and they only get better as I improve setup and system matching with the right power cords. These speakers tell the truth about any changes those who give up on them are is a sad mistake, because I've owned speakers 4 times the cost, and these more than hold their own. But room acoustics, set up, and the willingness to educate yourself on how these speakers react as far as toe-in and placement. I have no desire to sell them, if anything for a change I get Quad 57's electrostatic, that be it for me. The M3s fit my room well and work with my room. Which is the design of OB speakers like Claytons I've heard others not so much so.

AllanS

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jul 2023, 12:44 am »
Add me to the chorus.  Many thanks Clayton for helping bring quality sound to my every day life!  I bought my M4’s early last year based on little more than your NRD discussion that just made sense and the speakers have not disappointed. 
Best of everything in your next chapter!

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jul 2023, 01:12 am »
yes, THANKS clayton for developing these wonderful speakers and getting them into my life.   my story with spatials started at the pre-pandemic axpona.  going in to the show, i had no notions about spatial or open baffle speakers.  at that axpona, spatials were in 2 rooms.  i went to a lot of rooms that year and both of those rooms were in my top 5 for sound at the show.   and the spatials were priced attainably (low for how damn good they sounded).  clayton spent some time talking to me in a straightforward way with no sense of bs or salesmanship.   i left the show determined to get a pair of spatials - and did end up with a beautiful pair of M3s.  after a fairly hairy first week or so, they broke in.  now the M3s are likely my end game speakers.   after 3 or so years i have no itch to hear any other speakers in my system.  they are just excellent in all the ways that matter to me.  and just fun and enjoyable to listen to.

clayton - you made the world a better place for me and many other music-heads.  all the best to you!!!

jjss49

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jul 2023, 04:06 am »
I want to wish Clayton well, especially regarding his health and well being.  Seems the company is being sold within the fold, so to speak, so we hope to see continuing excellent products from the company under the renewed ownership.  Am sure Clayton will stay involved to a degree, with his guiding hand and design ideas.

All the best to you all at Spatial going forward.

kd4ylq

• Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #5 on: 4 Jul 2023, 01:50 pm »
I like to think that Clayton will resurface after some yet to-be-determined time, with a batch of ideas that will "push the envelope" with testable prototypes (and hopefully then products). He's a true pioneer and we all benefit from his restless quest to build better sounding speakers IMO. Best wishes for the future Clayton, and to all of your fans and acolytes too.

MysteriousMrM

Re: Welcome Back, Clayton Shaw
« Reply #6 on: 28 Oct 2023, 10:00 pm »
I just heard that Clayton has resurfaced with a new company and new product. I'm glad to hear that, especially after the news that he was going through a health issue. I own the Spatial Sapphire M5s, that really affected my home audio system in a big way. Now it seems that they are no longer manufactured, so I feel lucky to own them. They are a rare commodity at this point, I guess. I am sure Clayton is doing great things with his new venture.