Balanced gear with NCore

ryno

Balanced gear with NCore
« on: 8 May 2012, 03:50 am »
The makers of balanced gear say it's better, of course they do. Several reviews here say it's quiet with single ended. Fewer options with balanced. If your starting a new system with NCore's is it worth building a balanced system?
Ryan

cab

Re: Balanced gear with NCore
« Reply #1 on: 8 May 2012, 12:56 pm »
According to the designer, most definitely....

roscoeiii

« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2012, 02:32 pm »
According to the designer, most definitely....

Don't have time to dig through the megathread, but I don't think he was quite this strongly opinionated on balanced. IIRC, he said that a RCA to balanced cable would work just fine. What he mostly recommended against as the least ideal option was RCA inputs to the amp.

When we listened at Big Red Machine's place, the amps sounded great with his single-ended cables attached to an RCA-to-XLR adaptor at the amp end.

jd3

« Reply #3 on: 8 May 2012, 03:28 pm »
When we listened at Big Red Machine's place, the amps sounded great with his single-ended cables attached to an RCA-to-XLR adaptor at the amp end.

+1

Rclark

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jun 2012, 07:43 pm »
Me personally, I will have a completely balanced system from cdp to ncore. Not that I think it will sound better, but rather to take cables completely out of the equation. That has to equal a strength. So then, yeah, I guess that means it might sound better.

Occam

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jun 2012, 09:56 pm »
Me personally, I will have a completely balanced system from cdp to ncore. Not that I think it will sound better, but rather to take cables completely out of the equation. That has to equal a strength. So then, yeah, I guess that means it might sound better.
HUH? How exactly does that take cables completely out of the equation?
Good for you!!!!  :thumb:

sts9fan

Rclark

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jun 2012, 11:32 pm »
 :lol: you know what I mean.