"The Blind Side" by Peter Rainer

Mariusz

"The Blind Side" by Peter Rainer
« on: 14 Dec 2009, 04:45 am »
I saw this movie last night and it kind of surprised me.

Without spoiling it by going into the details I will sum this movie in three words:
Funny, smart, enjoyable.

Go see it ....... even better, take your whole family with you.
  ****1/4

Mariusz :thumb:

vinyl_lady

Re: "The Blind Side" by Peter Rainer
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2009, 05:39 am »
I saw it on Thanksgiving and I thought it was GREAT. I cried tears of joy off and on throughout the movie. Sandra Bullock is fantastic. A true story and one of the most uplifting movies I have seen in a long, long time. I second Mariusz recommendation--Go see it and take the family :thumb: :thumb:

Laura

Woodsea

« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2009, 05:41 am »
The wife and I saw this last week.  Very good movie, not to sappy but it will tug at your tears.

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2009, 01:35 pm »
I saw this movie last night and it kind of surprised me.

Without spoiling it by going into the details I will sum this movie in three words:
Funny, smart, enjoyable.

Go see it ....... even better, take your whole family with you.
  ****1/4

Mariusz :thumb:

Ditto, another feel-good sports movie.  Nicely done, say in the B grade range, but couldn't make it to A.  The kid I thought was the weaker link.  His acting ability was so-so.  Otherwise, the story is heart-warming.  Another movie to pitch racial harmony and positive humanity, etc. 

Also is Invictus, which is already ringing Oscar buzz for Clint Eastwood, along that line, but with an even grander scheme, which I would say worth a B+.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: 3 Thumbs up!

Mariusz

« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2009, 11:06 pm »
Hi goldlizsts

I have seen Nelson Mandela movie and it is in fact pretty good.
Oscar ??? Maybe.  For me it was to predictable. Never the less - big Clint E. fan.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #5 on: 21 Dec 2009, 05:36 am »
I didn't think I'd like this one as sport movies (especially football movies like "Any Given Sunday" and "Friday Night Lights") bore me to pieces, but "The Blind Side" was different in the sense that it dwelt on the human element more so than on the game.  Glad I saw this one. 

Bigfish

« Reply #6 on: 30 Mar 2010, 12:10 am »
My wife and I watched this movie last night and we both throughly enjoyed it.  Many times the best movies are based on true stories as was this one.  If you have not rented it then please do so.

My rating 4 out 5 stars.

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 30 Mar 2010, 12:24 am »
I watched it the other night and was really surprised on how well it was done.

ctviggen

« Reply #8 on: 25 Jul 2010, 02:38 pm »
Ditto, another feel-good sports movie.  Nicely done, say in the B grade range, but couldn't make it to A.  The kid I thought was the weaker link.  His acting ability was so-so.  Otherwise, the story is heart-warming.  Another movie to pitch racial harmony and positive humanity, etc. 

Which kid?   I thought the young boy was fantastic, and the ball player was good.  I really enjoyed this movie, although I never would've rented it (my wife did).

rave959

« Reply #9 on: 25 Jul 2010, 02:40 pm »
Saw this last night with my gf and thought it was fantastic! 

:thumb:

Best,
Christian

Phil A

« Reply #10 on: 25 Jul 2010, 02:42 pm »
I was surprised as it is not typically the type of movie I go for

Mike B.

« Reply #11 on: 25 Jul 2010, 03:38 pm »
I saw it last night. Not my usual type pick, but I am happy I did. A very well done feel good film. And Sandra deserved the Oscar she received.