Timepiece Mini Question!!!

vdejulio

Timepiece Mini Question!!!
« on: 29 Aug 2007, 06:00 pm »
Hello everyone,
Maybe you fine members can help!  I have been trying to email SP without luck!  Wondering if the new Timepiece Mini is available in Studio black for the entire cabinet?  I do like the wood front but not a fan of the laminate inlay. I rather have them all black, I know some might think I'm nuts but this is what I prefer.  Also has anyone heard them yet? What were your impressions?

Any help would be great, :D
Vince

mcullinan

Re: Timepiece Mini Question!!!
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2007, 06:08 pm »
Bob will get back to you, he is just busy building speakers. I found this phone number, maybe he will answer quick with a call. Voice: (219) 393-1116
Mike

vdejulio

« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2007, 06:14 pm »
Thanks Mike,

It's not that he wont answer emails I cant' even get one off before it's returned. :scratch:  Something I think is wrong on his end.  I tried all of his addresses on his sight.  I'll try calling him :o

Vince

mcullinan

« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2007, 06:20 pm »
Thanks Mike,

It's not that he wont answer emails I cant' even get one off before it's returned. :scratch:  Something I think is wrong on his end.  I tried all of his addresses on his sight.  I'll try calling him :o

Vince
Vince,
I think he actually gets those.... he told me his hosting company is screwy. Try engineering10@4sptech.com I think it works better.
Mike

vdejulio

« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2007, 06:27 pm »
Thanks Mike,

I'll Try That address!

Cacophonix

« Reply #5 on: 29 Aug 2007, 06:29 pm »
Instead of starting another thread, i thought i'll quickly jump on and ask here -

Is SP Tech making an appearance at RMAF? I don't see their name ... but was hoping that they'll make a last minute appearance.

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #6 on: 29 Aug 2007, 07:48 pm »
I asked Bob about an all black cabinet and he stated that since the front baffle is CNCed with the wave guide a MDF baffle is just too hard to paint right (it soaks up paint like a sponge) resulting in even more time finishing than the standard offerings. BTW, its made from a solid piece of wood, not a veneer.

Double Ugly

« Reply #7 on: 29 Aug 2007, 07:51 pm »
Is SP Tech making an appearance at RMAF? I don't see their name ... but was hoping that they'll make a last minute appearance.

He might, but last I checked (a couple of weeks ago) the answer was no. 

There will be a pair of SP Tech speakers in the Belles room, though.  I believe they're planning on using Timepieces, but I won't swear to it.

Karsten

« Reply #8 on: 29 Aug 2007, 07:54 pm »
Instead of starting another thread, i thought i'll quickly jump on and ask here -

DU is right, Power Modules should exhibit with a set of TimePiece 3.0. There may be other rooms featuring SP Speakers as well.

Karsten