Introducing the MCP-18 Audiophile Multichannel Preamp

Steven Stone

studiotech

Re: Introducing the MCP-18 Audiophile Multichannel Preamp
« Reply #61 on: 6 Jul 2014, 02:55 pm »
Here is a link to my review in The Absolute Sound - http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/nuforce-mcp-18-multichannel-analog-preamplifier/

Thank you Steven. Your review is part of the reason I pulled the trigger on this unit.

Greg

quint

« Reply #62 on: 16 Jul 2014, 12:24 pm »
I am using one of these as a two-channel preamp and am simply floored by how good it is, and not just for the price.  For $600 I don't feel I should complain, but I can't say I care for the remote.  Question:  Does anyone know if this will be offered in silver?

studiotech

« Reply #63 on: 21 Jul 2014, 01:21 am »
I just got home from Bob Katz studio where we put the MCP-18 through it's paces.  Steven is right.  This preamp is the real deal....transparent and accurate.  Folks need to be buying this thing.  It is an absolute steal for the new low price. 

Since I've saved a few dollars, I'm ready to shop for a new DAC.  Any eta for the NuPrime DAC?

Greg

John Casler

« Reply #64 on: 21 Jul 2014, 09:03 am »
I just got home from Bob Katz studio where we put the MCP-18 through it's paces.  Steven is right.  This preamp is the real deal....transparent and accurate.  Folks need to be buying this thing.  It is an absolute steal for the new low price. 

Since I've saved a few dollars, I'm ready to shop for a new DAC.  Any eta for the NuPrime DAC?

Greg

Shooting for August for the DAC-10

asgeir101

« Reply #65 on: 21 Jul 2014, 12:27 pm »
Right.

I have this preamp in my HT system and nothing can touch it sonically for the original price, much less the current price.

Even if you only need a 2 channel ONLY Preamp, this is a STEAL.

We will also have a promotion "with" the AVP-18, that makes it an even better deal for HT users coming soon.

When can we expect this combo deal :)

studiotech

« Reply #66 on: 21 Jul 2014, 11:41 pm »
Shooting for August for the DAC-10

Thank you John, sounds good for timing.  Any chance of additional details prior to release or a new thread for the DAC-10?

Greg

John Casler

« Reply #67 on: 22 Jul 2014, 12:24 am »
Thank you John, sounds good for timing.  Any chance of additional details prior to release or a new thread for the DAC-10?

Greg

This is the "inside" scoop, but it is NOT OFFICIAL and could be extended, adjusted or changed at any time, so don't hold me to it.

DAC-10 is probably shipping end of August. The prototype is getting ready this month.

I believe DAC-10 has volume control and a remote.

DAC-10 has two versions: 

1) $1495 without headphone amp

2) $1895 with headphone amp 

This is preliminary pricing estimate, but could be $100-200 more depending on landed cost.

Also in the pipeline is the ST-10, which is a 2 channel stereo amp for use with the DAC-10  Just add Source and Speakers

studiotech

« Reply #68 on: 23 Jul 2014, 01:53 am »
I've got another question John.  Is there a way to adjust the timeout of the display?  It's blanking out faster than I would like.  Or, could it be set to remain lit when muted and then dim to off once mute is released?

Thank you.

Greg Begland

Ric Schultz

« Reply #69 on: 24 Jul 2014, 10:10 pm »
john,
The price just changed back to $995 on the Oppo on line store site today.   Is the $599 price the actual new retail or was that just a sale?  Audio Advisor still shows them at $599.

John Casler

« Reply #70 on: 24 Jul 2014, 10:20 pm »
I'll check.

Maybe they realized that it was not priced well at $599 for its qualities and performance.

Did you mean the "NuFORCE" online store?

John Casler

« Reply #71 on: 24 Jul 2014, 11:30 pm »
I've got another question John.  Is there a way to adjust the timeout of the display?  It's blanking out faster than I would like.  Or, could it be set to remain lit when muted and then dim to off once mute is released?

Thank you.

Greg Begland

Greg,

Not aware of anything, but am checking for you.

Ric Schultz

« Reply #72 on: 24 Jul 2014, 11:37 pm »
Yes, of course, I meant Nuforce.......they are neighbors.

mca

« Reply #73 on: 5 Aug 2014, 10:57 pm »
Is there an upgraded remote that will work with the MCP-18? Can a Logitech be programmed to work?

RichPark

« Reply #74 on: 12 Aug 2014, 01:59 am »
I have just purchased this item and will have to sneak it into my system.  One more thing to program into my universal remote.  I like having one remote for all of my components.  I programmed my oppo bluray and put away the factory remote.

Regards,
Richard

John Casler

« Reply #75 on: 12 Aug 2014, 09:33 pm »
Is there an upgraded remote that will work with the MCP-18? Can a Logitech be programmed to work?

While I don't know the price, you can purchase the REMOTE that comes with the AVP-18, which controls BOTH.

See the lower "enclosed portion" labeled MCP-18

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #76 on: 14 Aug 2014, 05:31 pm »
I received my MPC-18 last night and I must say I'm impressed with the rigidity of the chassis.  Profile-wise, its dimensions are scaled perfectly to use as a platform for my Oppo 103.  Got it hooked up and played multi-channel DSD files through it.  Right out of the box it sounds more transparent and resolving than my now 12 year old Sony TA-P9000ES.  The ability to trim channel levels via remote is a nice touch.  For $599 delivered, this looks to be an excellent value. 

My one complaint is the manual.  There is no mention of remote control capability, or how to adjust display brightness or channel levels on the unit.  When researching the unit before purchase, I had to read Steven Stone's review to get that information.  Nuforce can do better than that.

I have one functional question.  Are channel level settings applied universally to all inputs or can they be set differently for each input?

Russ

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #77 on: 15 Aug 2014, 01:36 am »
The channel setting is universal. (the idea is to keep it very simple and straight forward)

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #78 on: 16 Aug 2014, 12:53 am »
Thanks Casey.

RichPark

« Reply #79 on: 16 Aug 2014, 02:27 am »
I just unboxed this preamp and I must say it is quite a substantial unit for its size. It has some nice thick extruded aluminum sides and what appears to be an extremely massive stealth like front panel.  I haven't listened to it yet but it sure looks like it could quietly sneak up on you. 

It even has rubbery feet to absorb vibration.