Finally, hopefully starting my OB project with GR V-2 bottom end...

Danny Richie

Chops, getting the felt out of the way may be a little time consuming, but I've heard the difference between that and no-rez.  Very much worth the time to do.  Also, maybe the tight wiring would be a good excuse to upgrade the internal wiring while you're at it?  Also something Danny stocks and might make the upgrade go easier. . . and if the wiring is going anyway, electra tube connectors are pretty inexpensive too. . .   :D

Yep, yep, all of that is good advice.

Chops

Yeah, I've heard good things about the No-Rez. Looks like it would be a good cost effective upgrade.

I think the wiring that's really tight is the line going up and through the top of the sealed enclosure to the mids and tweeters. I don't know if I would upgrade the wiring as it seems pretty stout to begin with. Crossover component upgrades will be a good thing to invest in.

Danny,

Is it capable to make these speakers bi-wireable? Do the crossovers have to be modified for bi-wire capability?

Danny Richie

Is it capable to make these speakers bi-wireable? Do the crossovers have to be modified for bi-wire capability?

It is not possible with this network nor would you gain anything from it.

Chops

It is not possible with this network nor would you gain anything from it.

I didn't think so, but thought I'd ask.

It's just that I have these nice bi-wire cables, and as you can see, I'm using both legs of them on the single binding posts on the X-Statik's. No biggie.

Danny Richie

I didn't think so, but thought I'd ask.

It's just that I have these nice bi-wire cables, and as you can see, I'm using both legs of them on the single binding posts on the X-Statik's. No biggie.

Actually separating sections of the cable can often cause more harm than good. A good single cable almost always sounds better.

Chops

Actually separating sections of the cable can often cause more harm than good. A good single cable almost always sounds better.

True, but these are working alright for now as is. I guess I'm just concerned more with the whole CD player issue.

One question though Danny, how do you feel about toe-in on the X-Statik's? More, less, none, directly at my listening position?