Saturday Morning w/RM30s and Subs

John Casler

Saturday Morning w/RM30s and Subs
« on: 11 Mar 2006, 10:14 pm »
Ya know, I really just never get a chance to listen like I would like to. :?

Luckily this morning I "did" get a chance to fire up the system and also make a few changes.

First, I reversed the RM30's positions so that (once again the 10" woofers are on the inside and facing each other).  In my room, this really takes the bass of the RM30 to a lower and more accurate sound.

For the first part of my session I turned off the subs and I have to say that the RM30's in that config, have some exceptionally clean bass.

Then I turned the subs back on, and the depth and majesty of the real "LOW BASS" is clean, clear, detailed, and articulate from the 4 LARGERs.  How can Low Bass have so much detail?

Well pretty soon, the music took over, and I forgot all about the technical aspects of the sound.

I was lost in the incredible tranport that (luckily) my system can offer.

I can go from concert hall, to club, to studio, and hear every nuance and sonic singature to that environment.

A friend gave me a CD to listen too called "Critic's Choice Jazz 06" and it is a collection of some cuts from various artists that is truly engulfing.

Then the Grammy 2006 Nominees CD. and I'll say it again, Kelly Clarkson is a raw edged Teen Talent similar to Stefani and Chrissi Hinds in their beginnings.  Green Day, JAck Johnson, The STONES, and even Neil Young, were just knocking my lights out :o

Then Of course several of my REF CUTS and I was Rockin' 8)

Foot tapping, Head Boppin', and many other bodily gyrations just seem to reflexively intiate themselves, in a voodooistic way.

Hard to think of anything I'd rather be doing :mrgreen: